Lower the clutch biting point

Mega

Hi chaps.

I've searched and found a thread that links to another thread (which is now not available :( ) ;) on how to adjust the biting point so it isn't so damn high (coming from my BM with a very low biting point / hydraulic setup it is a nightmare).

I want to put it back down nearer the floor so that I can flatten the clutch and lift say a third of the way to release. Not a 1mm of movement about 1 mile from the floor which means I have to try and balance my foot heh.

Has anyone done this mod in my area that would work in exchange for a 6 pack of beer and fuel costs? Or is there a PROPER guide with pictures anywhere to follow?

Just to check, have you just bought the Zed? When I got mine it had a high clutch biting point, checked it out and the clutch needed changing. New clutch and suddenly the biting point is much lower...not wanting to scare you or anything but worth checking out.

do yourself a favor, follow the factory service manual for this and don't deviate from their specified range. If you make it too low, it will never fully release, and instead, drag, prematurely wearing the disk, pressure plate friction surface and flywheel friction surface in the process

Sure. I was thinking at most 4 rotations, and then work back a bit if needed. I expect a "good amount" of play below the bottom of the biting point still. Just not for the pedal to be 3 flippin inches higher up than the kick plate.. :)