Window Explosion

steve-r

Morning all....

Well I had a bit of a issue this morning, my partner decided she wanted a lift to work today and me being a nice chappy I said no problem.

So as she then went to open the passenger door, the window just exoloded into tiny bits of glass :scare: Now all I can think is that the window did not drop that few mm to allow it to open.

So my next problem is to find a window, as been quoted £390 +vat so far :bangin: .So just wondering if any of you nice guys know a good place to get replacement glass. Im going to try a few breakers before I turn to my insurance coampany and pay the excess :headhurt:

alright mate ive got one somewhere il have to go find it though il have a look later and let you know when i find if you not got one sorted already

cheers m8 that would be great :thumbs:

lol and she did offer to pay for it, but suppose I cant insist on it...but sure there are other ways to repay ;)

I think my ins is windscreen only :headhurt:

:pmzmanalex:

That is weird though...would like to find out how that happened! :scare:

I aslo think it was wierd for this to happen. I had my drivers door not drop in the past and it still opened (with a bit of rubbing on the top plastic) with no problem :wacko:

Im not sure maybe someone had tryed to get in and mybe knocked the window??? Also im glad I have the fron slightly tinted as this held most of the glass in place.

If you phone a local independent windscreen repairer they will be able to get one for you, probably for less than you have paid @ the breakers for a used one

Tried that m8, but they all came back with a really silly price, and nowhere close to the breakers price...

Also got to the bottom of the problem, looks like some little scrote had tried to persuade the window down with a screw driver as there is a gouge in the plastic trim above the door so im gona have to get that repaired as well :rant:

I have nearly had this happen to me although only when the door was being closed.

My mate got into the passenger side and closed the door and there was an unholy bang. Thankfully window stayed intact but I found that it was because the window hadn't dropped.

Turns out the rubber cover over the 'door closed' sensor stretches over the sensor making the car think the door is closed. It usually just needs the rubber cover to be put back in the correct position.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.