3 Cheers for Paintshield

Sgt Wilson

I'm currently sat at Paintshield in Grantham with a cup of tea, access to t'internet, TV, games, toys magazines and food :D

I visited about a month ago and was made very very welcome. Ann washed the car and her and Tom inspected the paintwork before what was going to be a full frontal OOOOH Matron! :blush:

To my utter horror they said that they were loathe to attempt the treatment as the bonnet had been resprayed to such a sh1te quality that if and when the film had to be removed it would take the paint off with it. :headhurt: They could have just gone ahead and done it and run away with the dosh and I would have been none the wiser. :doh: But they didn't.

Tom, like myself, is ex-Forces :disguise: and you should be able to trust an old soldier. The fact that they were willing to lose the business and waste 5 hours to keep me happy showed me that they are genuine people who actually care about giving quality service. :thumbs:

To cut a long story short :yawn: , I :plane: sped back to Scarborough and booked my car in for a respray that very day. £170 + VAT :D sounded too good to be true and it was. They made it look worse than it was before!! So I :boxing: pointed this out to the manager who assured me they'd do it again to my satisfaction. :thumbdown: Second effort was much better but to the critical eye it still wasn't perfect, various bleed through's and the odd tiny pit. So I told them I was going to go elsewhere and they can sing for the £170 + VAT. :victory:

So, having had to postpone Paintshield twice, here I am, the bonnet has been done :thumbs::thumbs: and now only another hour and a half to wait for the rest to be completed.

I have just found out, Tom and Ann have actually come in to work during their Christmas break especially (thought it was odd that there was only me here).

I cannot thank them enough for their professionalism, dedication to quality and just being nice people.

Anyone worried about paintwork and protection? Give 'em a call!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :#1:

PS. Anyone needing a respray in Scarborough, PM me and I can advise you who not to go to.

Regards and a Happy New Year to all

Nick.

£170+VAT is a fair amount for a repsray on a bonnet, especially if they did not do any sort of blending. Its not a small bonnet but still IMO not a £200 job.

sounds about right to me, had a front bumper resprayed and that cost £150..but it was a 100% job even to my over critical eye

yeah but front bumper is a much more inovled part. Takes much longer to remove from the car, have to mess around with masking round the grills or removing them etc, messeing around with wash jet bits.

With the bonnet. Its a couple bolts and its off and then a nice flat surface which is easy to prep using a DA. No need to mask it as it will be sprayed side on probably so no spray would hit the bottom i.e. very easy to do.

I would expect a bonnet to cost from £100 -£150 for a top job. For £200 I would expect it to be wet sanded after and then polished to a glass finish.

yeah but front bumper is a much more inovled part. Takes much longer to remove from the car, have to mess around with masking round the grills or removing them etc, messeing around with wash jet bits.

With the bonnet. Its a couple bolts and its off and then a nice flat surface which is easy to prep using a DA. No need to mask it as it will be sprayed side on probably so no spray would hit the bottom i.e. very easy to do.

I would expect a bonnet to cost from £100 -£150 for a top job. For £200 I would expect it to be wet sanded after and then polished to a glass finish.

Really? I had no idea. I rang around about 8 different places and was quoted from £200 to £250 + VAT. Therefore I was pleased to be quoted £170+ VAT, which incidentally was for the bonnet and the wings blended.

However, I'm more than happy to have paid **** all + VAT to have the original chips removed even though the end job wasn't perfect.

£170+vat sounds fair to me. I've had quotes for the 2 tiny dings in my bonnet to be repaired with a respray for £275+vat.

How come Paintshield can have brilliant Customer service like this when few others can ??? They've got some great people working for their outlets/franchisees/resellers. Top marks :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

HI Thanks for the Kind Remarks, the reason we take so much effort on customer service is being a petrolhead myself I got fed up with being continually screwed over and we decided we were never going to have a business like that.

The only difference between good service and poor service is your frame of mind IMHO. Giving a customer the bums rush might save you money in the short term but boy is it going to cost you in the long term :)

Cheers

and keep enjoying your cars thats what they are for :)

Tom :teeth:

HI Thanks for the Kind Remarks, the reason we take so much effort on customer service is being a petrolhead myself I got fed up with being continually screwed over and we decided we were never going to have a business like that.

The only difference between good service and poor service is your frame of mind IMHO. Giving a customer the bums rush might save you money in the short term but boy is it going to cost you in the long term :)

Cheers

and keep enjoying your cars thats what they are for :)

Tom :teeth:

Here here Tom! Good on you mate :thumbs: