P4 service

MLC35

I seem to have got a bit out of synch with my services. Therefore i am kind of inventing my own...

just done 60k miles on a 54 reg Z and am proposing the following:

Brake fluid - Millers racing brake fluid 300 plus. £13.87 from Opie.

Braided brake hoses - no clue where to get them or how much..?

Panel air filter - Cosworth to fit in standard box - no clue where to get them or how much..?

Spark plugs - Denso iridium. £49.95 from ZMANALEX (saw this on a thread, so dont know if its still valid?).

I changed the oil in February and put Millers XSS 5w30 in, so should be ok for a while.

Any idea on how much i should be paying for the stuff above, and can i do it myself...

J :)

Alex supplied my Cosworth panel filter...I recently also bought Denso Iridium sparkies from him as well. Think I paid £35-£40 for my DE engine filter. I think Rich is also selling Apexi filters at the moment as well.

I am in the same boat, strange ownership of my car, 1st owner was a navy commander who got called out to the Gulf soon after buying it so it sat untouched in a garage for 18 months. Then it went to another fella who did Nissan servicing but subsequently for its age is now a service behind.

So giving it a P10 ;) service with my dad this weekend. Going to be doing everything from the drive belts, three oil changes (engine/gear/diff), sparkies as above, brake pads etc. Its going to be a nice drive home Saturday night!

Well worth doing as much as you can, keep all the receipts etc - always good for any potential buyer in future to see you have put time and effort into looking after it :thumbs:

Cheers for that.

i think a message to ZMANALEX might be worthwhile.

after your P10 service i dont suppose you could take the time to list on here what you did, how long it took and what it cost?

i know thats a bit cheeky of me :teeth: , but i have no bench mark for comparing anything.

Good luck with the service :thumbs:

:lol:

The P4 bit was me making up my own service schedule :doh:

are you able to help with the costs i need above, and where i can get them from?

I am actually in Middlesbrough, so if you sell the bits i need it might be useful...

:thumbs:

I didn't bother because we can only supply Genuine Nissan parts, but if there is anything you need let me know. As my Genuine parts, are the stuff of legend :lol:

Joking aside if you are local, it would be worth checking out my sub section as there are something which I think may be of benefit to you (start at the bottom and work up) :thumbs:

T

Cheers for that.

i think a message to ZMANALEX might be worthwhile.

after your P10 service i dont suppose you could take the time to list on here what you did, how long it took and what it cost?

i know thats a bit cheeky of me :teeth: , but i have no bench mark for comparing anything.

Good luck with the service :thumbs:

Well, so far I have (approx prices)

Nissan Oil Filter £10 (Alex)

Denso Iridium Sparks £50 (Alex)

Fuchs 5L Engine Oil £36 (Opie Oils)

Gates Drive Belts x2 £30 (Alex)

Crush Plug £2 (Alex)

Alex is very much the man in this case :thumbs:

My dad is a car mechanic so has gear and diff oil in stock, we have the pads on order at one of his suppliers if needed depends on what we see when we take the wheels off. We are intending to spend a good 6-7 hours on the car I would say, just going over it with a fine tooth comb.

My dad is a car mechanic so has gear and diff oil in stock

Make sure you use the correct diff and gearbox oil as you will get more problems afterwards than if you just left it alone.

Alex is the man to ask about which ones to use; not all generic ones work properly in the Zed.

+1 :)

My dad is a car mechanic so has gear and diff oil in stock

Make sure you use the correct diff and gearbox oil as you will get more problems afterwards than if you just left it alone.

Alex is the man to ask about which ones to use; not all generic ones work properly in the Zed.

OK service done...Started at 8:30 finished at 14:00. Changed the plugs (the ones that came out were badly burnt out!), belts, front pads, oil filter, engine gear and diff oil, cleared out the washer water lines which were blocked. Also found some oil in the 5th spark plug chamber, cleaned it out but needs fixing at some point, put in some oil leak fix fluid as well.

Cleaned up various other parts, in 5 hours a good job done and car is definitely running much smoother.