Roof Wrap

WINKJ

Guys - looking to wrap the roof in Gloss Black Vinyl, do you think it's easy enough to do yourself, or should I get it done properly? :lol:

if anyone knows of anywhere near the Midlands, (Pref Leicester/Notts) that would be useful!!

James

ahh ok - where did you get the vinyl and how much?

Where abouts in Leicester are you based and what colour is your Z? Will keep my eyes out!!

do you know of any Z meets or anything?! would be good to see some others!

Patience is deffo key.

I'd recommend using Hexis Vinyl over 3M tho.

From the research across the forum I have done over the past few weeks, it seems the Hexis vinyl is the way forward....3M used to be the best but the Hexis is seen as the front runner at the moment. Many topics on here surrounding this product with pictures to assist; some of the threads even have fitting instructions to help you out. The 'search' button is your friend! :thumbs::thumbs:

I believe the hexis is believed to be harder wearing and easier to apply.

If you need a source for the hexis, PM the forum member Rich or his username rtbiscuit, he should be able to supply whatever finish or colour you choose.

Post ya pics on here if you take the dive.

Where abouts in Leicester are you based and what colour is your Z? Will keep my eyes out!!

I got my vinyl from a company in poland on Ebay. I think it worked out at £32 delivered and it is genuine 3M gloss black.

Im from Aylestone and am back an forth between Leicester and Lutterworth.

I havent been to any meets yet (although going to JAE this weekend)

I have a GM Zed with black wheels and black roof.

Where abouts are you from? If you need a hand with the roof if you do it yourself I can give a hand but im no expert.

I have just done mine in gloss black!

I did mine myself and I from Leicester. I went pretty well as I have heard a lot of horror stories but if you have the patience its doable!

I am from leicester too! Would you be willing to give me a helping hand in doing mine if I decide to do it? :teeth::blush:

I got my vinyl from a company in poland on Ebay. I think it worked out at £32 delivered and it is genuine 3M gloss black.

Where abouts are you from? If you need a hand with the roof if you do it yourself I can give a hand but im no expert.

Sounds like you used the same place as me ;)

I have just done mine in gloss black!

I did mine myself and I from Leicester. I went pretty well as I have heard a lot of horror stories but if you have the patience its doable!

I am from leicester too! Would you be willing to give me a helping hand in doing mine if I decide to do it? :teeth::blush:

Yer im more than happy to give a helping hand. Like I say im no expert though but if you need a hand just let me know.

Sounds like you used the same place as me ;)

Yer must be the same! I couldnt fault the stuff. Good price, fast delivery and Genuine 3M!

Cheers for the offer, will keep you all updated on my plans!

Definately going to go with the gloss black finish... None of this sequin biz!!! :yuck:

With all these Z's in Leicester we should definitely have a meet somewhere?

I am based to Loughborough

All - ordered some gloss black wrap.

Thinking of having a go at the wingmirrors too.... may be too difficult due to the creases etc.

Also, I have searched the forum and I am stuggling to find decent instructions for A&B pillar removal. Also on the other forums the write ups aren't great! Do you think its possible to do it without removing them?

James

• 2 weeks later...