The best mods to complement an Abbey uprev?

deank93

Evening all,

I've been thinking about an uprev for my 57 plate 313 on and off for a little while and have been looking through lots of peoples threads on the subject to the point where i think I'm on the cusp of biting the bullet and getting it done however, as i have been looking around i have started to think maybe if I'm going to get an uprev maybe i should get a few other bits and bobs done to make the best of it.

My car is currently totally standard...with the exception of a bit of paint and wheels...and if i ever come to sell it i would want to be able to put it back to standard so my question are:

What mods would you recommend?

Where would you suggest getting them from?

How much am i looking at spending?

Thanks in advance.

I suspect, with your UpRev Abbey would recommend an upgraded panel drop-in air filter and then some type of cat-back exhaust upgrade... maybe Motordyne or HKS...

Personally, I've had stock, Nismo and Stillen air intakes on my 313. Nismo sounded the best, Stillen looked the best and the stock box gave the best power across the full rev range.

I suspect, with your UpRev Abbey would recommend an upgraded panel drop-in air filter and then some type of cat-back exhaust upgrade... maybe Motordyne or HKS...

Personally, I've had stock, Nismo and Stillen air intakes on my 313. Nismo sounded the best, Stillen looked the best and the stock box gave the best power across the full rev range.

If i end up going with a new exhaust system i want standard looking pipes, i'm not into anything oversized or obvoiusly aftermarket...and nowt to loud, i don't want to **** the neighbours off and more importantly i don't want the wife to notice :lol:

What sort of gains did you see with those mods? I've not seen a lot of people posting power gains for 313s.

On a HR motor we get real good gains from new exhaust Milltek and either de-cat pipes or HFC's.

Tuned a HR last week with just de-cats/Milltek and drop in filters , car left with 290 hub bhp where a stock HR car gives around 265 hub bhp , so we estimate this car has around 335 flywheel bhp. good gain in midrange torque as well.

I would imagine a car fitted with HFC's would be around 5/10bhp down on the de-cat set up.

Mark