Broken Door Handle

Muscat350

Hi,

My drivers side exterior door handle has stopped working. The central locking is fine and the door opens from the inside. The handle has a weighty feel but I see no metal bits move in the latch mechanism when i pull it.

Is this a common or DIY fix or should I book in with Dr Nissan? I have no access to quality indies.

I'm not sure if its related but for some time the drivers side window has been intermittent (including the lowering/raise when the door is opened), it could be cured with a few light slams.

Even so, impressed by an 8yr old sports car in which the door handle breaks before the clutch! Just another 28,014 faults to go until it catches up with a TVR of similar age.

Ian

haha it doesnt work like that out here. The (only) Nissan garage/service centre was desert 10 years ago.

Swiss Army Knifed the door apart this afternoon, the faulty bit was in a part of the inner door I'd rather not access so main dealer it will be. Enjoyed playing 350Z lego.

The original parts list on the Nizmo site was handy.

• 1 month later...