Speed bumps

fusion243

Since I am about to get a Z and am unfortunate enough to live in an area with a f-load of speed bumps, I was just wondering if you have to go hideously slowly over speed bumps or not. On a stock 350, so not lowered. But just don't want to find out the hard way that I'm going too fast :wacko:

i have alot of speed bumps in my area, both in Glasgow and down south,

with the 350z as stock, it was fine on all of them but i do slow down regardless..

i now have a full bodykit and an exhaust that hangs lower than standard and its still fine :thumbs:

(p.s. some of the speed bumps are absolute beasts and shouldn't be legal :wacko: )

you should be absolutly fine..

(if you are still worried, take a Zed for a test drive and tell him you have to pop off home for paperwork :p;) )

There is a testing road - queens ride I think its called, between lower richmond road and the junction of upper richmond road (its the road that has a memorial to marc bolan where he killed himself in a mini which crashed into a tree!) which has some utterly hideous speed bumps, had to take that a fair few times and the Zed had no problems clearing it.

There is a testing road - queens ride I think its called, between lower richmond road and the junction of upper richmond road (its the road that has a memorial to marc bolan where he killed himself in a mini which crashed into a tree!) which has some utterly hideous speed bumps, had to take that a fair few times and the Zed had no problems clearing it.

Oh yeah - I know the road. So you reckon the Zed can get away with straddling those speed bumps that are split into 3 squares? Or do you need to ride the wheels over the top of them?

Funny this should come up really, seeing as i have literally just grounded the front bumper on a speed bump not 2 hours ago, and my car is totally stock as far as suspension and bodykits are concerned.

The offending speed bump was one of those square ones that sit in the middle of the lane that you're supposed to go one wheel either side of. DO NOT DO THIS. I went over the rest with the right wheels going over the top and that was fine, but that's not going to bring my bumper back :angry:

DB

Funny this should come up really, seeing as i have literally just grounded the front bumper on a speed bump not 2 hours ago, and my car is totally stock as far as suspension and bodykits are concerned.

The offending speed bump was one of those square ones that sit in the middle of the lane that you're supposed to go one wheel either side of. DO NOT DO THIS. I went over the rest with the right wheels going over the top and that was fine, but that's not going to bring my bumper back :angry:

DB

:console:

Sorry to hear that mate. Guess I now have a definite answer as to straddling those speed bumps :scare: Good luck with the bumper! :)

I find I can straddle most of the square type speed bumps, at least the ones I've found, only scraped on a couple but you can tell usually when they look huge, and avoid them. Just make sure you're not braking as you go over it, as the nose dips a little.

Straddling the small square ones also fecks up ur alignment/geometary/camber as it puts downward camber pressure on your suspension each time you squeeze over them.

My cousins stock Focus RS had to have the tracking and camber sorted every year as he lived 3/4 mile into a residential area littered with these type of bumps.

One wheel on and one wheel off it the way forward :thumbs:

Straddling the small square ones also fecks up ur alignment/geometary/camber as it puts downward camber pressure on your suspension each time you squeeze over them.

My cousins stock Focus RS had to have the tracking and camber sorted every year as he lived 3/4 mile into a residential area littered with these type of bumps.

One wheel on and one wheel off it the way forward :thumbs:

Always thought straddling couldn't be good for the car - nice to see some confirmation! Why does it always have to be that the most awkward route is always the best :lol: