Events Diary?

Neil

OK, I know I am probably setting myself up for a barrage of abuse, but here's my suggestion.

I haven't been on the forum for a while and thought "I wonder if there are any meets coming up (like this bank holiday weekend) that I (we) can ttend?" so I thought I'd have a look.

That sounds easier than it is though. After spending around an hour searching (got side tracked reading other threads ;) ), I still cannot find any future dates promoting events?

I can easily find out members birthdays (are you really 33 Chesterfield?) in the calendar area - would it be possible to add events to this as well?

Neil

You could just look in the meets section of the forum....

There is also and events calendar top right of the forum. Though it doesn't get updated very often.

That is what I am referring to mate..

The Calendar shows only Birthdays and when I go to the meets, I have to try an establish which threads are current, read most of them to obtain a date of the event and so on.

I just think members may miss important meets unless thay are viewing the threads daily.

It would be good to have a Calendar where users can add meet entries for small meets at weekends and stuff.

Seems to me like there's not much been going on this year up this direction.

Next year I'm going to make a special effort to have regular meets posted up. It would be good to have regular monthly meet at a central place or cafe but the lack of response on Scotland usually means it's not worth the effort. My car season is over this year though but next year is another year. :)

I've not went through it but it looks as though it's public :thumbs:

Didn't want to spam it there. It would be good if there was a shortcut/list to post a pm to users in areas to notify them rather than have to do a normal pm to notify them. :thumbs:

Not easily done really, best thing for local meets is to start a thread in your local region sub-forum and get people to subscribe to it. Keep a list in there and if you fancy a meet then post it up. Its that or the meet mod ;)

Not easily done really, best thing for local meets is to start a thread in your local region sub-forum and get people to subscribe to it. Keep a list in there and if you fancy a meet then post it up. Its that or the meet mod ;)

Cool no worries :)