Thread Taliban

stevie_350z

Is there a thread Taliban?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a thread Taliban?

• Yes
    • No

What is allowed... car questions only? humour? gags... they all have a forum... is the real crime involve thread hi-jacking? Who owns the forums other than the users? SheesH!

Blessed is he that follows the holy gourd!

No, the Shoe! The Holy Shoe!

Let us wait a-while... spike milligan>

From a users and not a mods, I think this is a brillant forum, and I love the banter, but when every thread becomes a vehicle purley for constant Ph'ing, it can become a bit tedious and I think can turn potential members away.

55% of posts come from the 10 members, who represent 0.007% of the total members

:wacko:

I love this forum to bits, its laid back but just the right amount, the people are excellent and all dudes (the women are also great dudettes) and the only problem is most people have the same car, i mean what are the chances of that? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Say, instead of complaining in every topic about the "off-topic-ness" of the postings, why not enfore it simply? The playground is in off-topic, when you are in another forum and you see pointless postings getting done, just press the "delete post" button. I guess it ll calm down after a while when the posts arent there anymore to respond to and get even more offtopic ;)

if we got trigger happy with the delete button then you would hear the cries of "censorship!" a mile away.

Although it is looking like the only option left, as after numerous hints and discussions about dragging topics into pages of banter and jibing, it still continues.

The plan was that hopefully people would take the hint and maybe stop it of their own accord.