Hotel recommendation - Reims

Sized

Evening all,

Myself and my good lady are heading over to France in September and are looking for a hotel in Reims to stay the night on the way to Alsace. I'm taking the zed, so obviously safe parking is a major consideration! Not looking for anything to flashy - just somewhere nice that's reasonably priced :thumbs:

Any recommendations gratefully accepted :)

Thanks

We over-nighted at the Etap in Reims last winter, and I would recommend it if you are just looking for a cheap, clean, secure over night stop.

It has a Japanese feel about it, the rooms are pod like, a lot of curved moulded units. More importantly it was very clean, had a toilet and shower and was excellent value. It is also just off the motorway as it is aimed at travellers/business people, so easy and quick to find if you've been driving all day. It is also within easy walk of both restaurants and fast food outlets to suit your time/budget (on a retail park type area).

Perhaps more importantly it has a secure car park. Circled by chain link fencing (although not high) and a gate which is closed at night, which you can open with a code to suit your arrival/departure times. No kettle though!

Link here: http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/hotel-3568- ... ndex.shtml

Thanks for the tips guys. Current plan is to take the zed out to the old circuit and bag some photos (great link Midnight Racer :thumbs: ), then hit the caves for some champagne (obviously after dropping off the car!). Heading off to stay near Colmar in Alsace after that. Will try and remember to take a good bunch of snaps through the whole trip to put on here when I get back!