LED sidelights or not?

ZedMeister

Do it, they make the car look more modern. I hated the creamy colour mixed with the white-ish HID lights, spoilt the look in my opinion. Pics attached:

photo115.jpg

photo45.jpg

photo54.jpg

photo214edited.jpg

photo114edited.jpg

I have these as well, they are Very nice and give out a very bright white light, also cheap and Mine has lasted a few months and in my other cars years.

Thanks for the replies and pics Hassan, I have LED rear number plate lights so that was a big thing in my thinking.

These were the ones I have previously purchased but still deciding whether to fit or not -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1439.l2649

No problem matey :thumbs:

These bulbs are exactly the ones I purchased from the same seller. They seem to have dropped in price since when I purchased them!

I would suggest you fit them. Just revert them back to standard if you're not satisfied and sell them to a member on here.

Thanks for the replies and pics Hassan, I have LED rear number plate lights so that was a big thing in my thinking.

These were the ones I have previously purchased but still deciding whether to fit or not -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1439.l2649

No problem matey :thumbs:

These bulbs are exactly the ones I purchased from the same seller. They seem to have dropped in price since when I purchased them!

I would suggest you fit them. Just revert them back to standard if you're not satisfied and sell them to a member on here.

Doing it tomorrow along with the mesh bumper! :drive1

saem as the ones you listed on ebay but twice the life but double the money

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-le ... rch=c14858

others here

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5 ... &end=front

mine are the single ones

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-Si ... rch=c14858

And judging by the picture already have the resistor fitted unlike the ebay one's :thumbs:

yep, who's to say though that the ebay ones have a resistor inside, its just that you cant tell. Perhaps better safe than sorry

But taken from the ebay link Mike ;)

DUE TO THE REDUCED RESISTANCE IN LED BULBS CERTAIN CARS MAY REQUIRE A RESISTOR TO BE INSTALLED WHICH WILL THEN ALLOW THE BULBS TO SIMULATE THE SAME RESISTANCE AS YOUR STANDARD FILAMENT BULBS. A SMALL ADDITIONAL PRICE TO PAY TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK THAT THESE BULBS WILL PRODUCE!

yep, who's to say though that the ebay ones have a resistor inside, its just that you cant tell. Perhaps better safe than sorry

But taken from the ebay link Mike ;)

DUE TO THE REDUCED RESISTANCE IN LED BULBS CERTAIN CARS MAY REQUIRE A RESISTOR TO BE INSTALLED WHICH WILL THEN ALLOW THE BULBS TO SIMULATE THE SAME RESISTANCE AS YOUR STANDARD FILAMENT BULBS. A SMALL ADDITIONAL PRICE TO PAY TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK THAT THESE BULBS WILL PRODUCE!

:thumbs::thumbs:

I purchased the ones without resistors as we don't have the bulb warning feature on our cars...am I risking ruining my electrics!? :scare:

I doubt it but wondered if not having the resistors might cause issue's with the BCM. :shrug:

I purchased the ones without resistors as we don't have the bulb warning feature on our cars...am I risking ruining my electrics!? :scare:

I doubt it but wondered if not having the resistors might cause issue's with the BCM. :shrug:

I hope not...can somebody please fill us in? I will replace mine with resistor ones immediately if that's the case! :scare:

I hope not...can somebody please fill us in? I will replace mine with resistor ones immediately if that's the case! :scare:

Like i said i doubt it. The led's will pull less current than the stock filament type and like you say its probably more to do with a failed lamp feature if a car supports that. :)

Like i said i doubt it. The led's will pull less current than the stock filament type and like you say its probably more to do with a failed lamp feature if a car supports that. :)

Yeah my 330ci had that feature so I had to purchase LEDs with resistors built-in. As this car didn't, I thought it was safe to purchase the ones without and save a bit of money!