Quickie Q

AMT

Nice one! :thumbs: lol When I testdrove one on sunday there I parked them up next to each other, as near as makes no diff, same size, just the Zed looks that more special with all the arches and stuff, just looks... expensive, not to say mines is a shabby looker. B) I think of it as an expensive upgrade... a very expensive one but still lol

dont use comparison websites, go direct as the quote is more accurate and and usually cheaper. Cheapest i got on moneysupermarket was 5k a year or something. Remember and add a parent or someone older onto the policy as the price will plummit :thumbs:

oh i bought all my own stuff and got my spark plugs, oils, diff oil, gearbox oil and wheel allignment done for 200 quid + 150 for parts

Thanks for the advice! Won't be until april/may in the better weather, plus Im puttin a bit more of a deposit by and paying off my car just after xmas so... no quite yet lol. Thanks though! After a silver one though, I take it yours is the black one in your avatar? Mines is fake... as if you couldn't guess... lol I hate waiting for things. Money should grow on bloody trees. :snack:

Yep shes in Ebisu black. A couple of stone chips on the front like every other car but the rest of it is regularly detaiked and looks like new. Never used in the rain, never tracked or raced and prepared and looked after by RJN Motorsport (as seen on GT Academy!) and now Martins Nissan.

Like new inside and out and in one of the best and timeless colours :thumbs:

Ok i've almost convinced myself... I wanted the new interior but that comes with the higher power (because im now scared to go near any 06/56 cos' of that oil thing lol) and with the higher power comes... more cost. If i go for a 05/55 plate, as far as I can see, missing the silver bit on the gearstick base, around the dials, cupholders(meh),lights.... and if I go for an 05/55 it would be... half the tax price, 450 cheaper on my insurance and avoid the oil consumtion (correct me if im wrong the rev ups 06 onwards not 55?). Its like a no brainer but why does my head want to vear off. Stuff it, 05/55 looks good to me lol Bit of typed thought there. Let me know if im being sensible? B)

Im new here and am thinking about going down the 350z route going by the prices they are sitting at on the 2nd hand market. Im thinking the same as you at the moment... 55 plate seems to be the selection that I am going to go with. My scotish blood is coming out and that I dont won't to spend £460 on tax when I can get a slightly older car with pretty much the same performance for cheaper tax.

I had no idea about 'rev ups' on the 06 motors, so I shall stear clear of those. I was looking at specifically getting an early 06 as the tax hike came in just after the new models came out, so I was figuring that you could get the same car but for cheaper tax. Can someone explain what the hell a rev up version is anyway?

In 2005 Nissan launched a 35th Anniversary edition, with a revised exterior and interior (see Special Editions below). 35th Anniversary 6-speed manual models and Track models were a mid-year introduction, and included the 300HP/260TQ Rev-up engine. Automatic transmission-equipped 35th Anniversary edition models continued with the original VQ35DE with 287HP/274TQ.

Does this mean that the 05/55's are rev ups? Or is this just a generic term for the 300 version?

I dunno about the early 06's, I did actually see one with all the updated interior and lights but had not had the engine tweak as it came up 276. So I'm assuming its not the HR engine, meaning no oils probs...hopefully. Although there won't be many about, i think thats the best bet. Anyone know any different or did they have some of the 276 engines for a short time in 06 with the new face lift?

Thanks for the advice! Won't be until april/may in the better weather, plus Im puttin a bit more of a deposit by and paying off my car just after xmas so... no quite yet lol. Thanks though! After a silver one though, I take it yours is the black one in your avatar? Mines is fake... as if you couldn't guess... lol I hate waiting for things. Money should grow on bloody trees. :snack:

Mine is silver and in the for sale section. Been a perfect car, not had any issues with burning oil :thumbs: