Japspeed / Horsham de-cat pipes, reviews?

ZedMeister

Hey guys got a few questions and looking for general experiences with them.

I'm quite a rookie in the DIY field but willing to give it a bash myself, so, are they easy enough to install? The connection at the exhaust manifold seems impossible to get to without the correct tool, or just a tight squeeze with a normal rachet? I plan on buying O2 simulators from Alex, where do they get fitted too?

Hey guys got a few questions and looking for general experiences with them.

I'm quite a rookie in the DIY field but willing to give it a bash myself, so, are they easy enough to install? The connection at the exhaust manifold seems impossible to get to without the correct tool, or just a tight squeeze with a normal rachet? I plan on buying O2 simulators from Alex, where do they get fitted too?

Graeme,

Quite an easy job mate but best done on a ramp.

Soak the nuts and bolts/studs overnight with WD 40 or similar.

Good ratchet, sockets and extensions will be required.

The O2 sims screw into the rear of the cat or de-cat and then the O2 sensor screws into the O2 sim.

The de-cat pipes may have them built in, so you may not require them.

Alex. :)

They're fairly easy to fit - the exhaust manifold end can be the fiddliest - 2 of the nuts can be undone from underneath the car with the 3rd being easiest to undo from above with a long ratchet extension.

O2 extenders just screw into the pipes and then the sensor screw into the extenders :)

I've got some h dev silenced decats but no cel? :shrug:

Might have been uprev mapped before your ownership? That would remove the CEL.

I very much doubt it when I first joined alot of people was saying it was impossible to do, the remap that is.