Nissan price match services

andylb

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but I noticed that Nissan have a price promise on services : http://fredcoupe.nissan.co.uk/about-us/nissan-care.php

"NISSAN will price match like-for-like competitor written quotes within 10 miles of your local dealer."

So a good way of getting local garage prices with a main dealer stamp? I suppose the only challenge is finding a cheap garage within 10 miles that are willing to provide a written quote for a service.

Just found the full Ts & Cs http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/inside-nissan/innovation-and-technology/innovation-news/care.html

"If you can provide a written quote cheaper than an authorised Nissan dealership's quote for servicing and mechanical repair work to your vehicle, subject always to such competing quote being (i) inclusive only of Nissan genuine parts and accessories and (ii) from a recognised vehicle repair outlet within 10 miles of your local authorised Nissan dealership, we will carry out the servicing and mechanical repair work for the cost of the lower quote.

All competing quotes will need to be provided on a recognised vehicle repair outlet's headed paper. Nissan reserves the right at its discretion to accept or reject any competing quote if in Nissan's opinion such quote has not been provided from a recognised vehicle repair outlet."

So they want the other place to be using genuine Nissan Parts, which I suppose might be a bit of a pain.

TBH, if an independant was doing it cheaper, I'd rather them do it in the first place than trust to the usual dealer quality work.

I still have all this to learn. Previous cars were always to cheap to even consider paying for services on, always did myself.

Just debating whether to service the Z myself or get the stealers to do it.

Another quote from that Nissan Care website is that "Last week 103 people can get from A to B thanks to a Nissan GT-R courtesy vehicle"

Now if I could get a service and a loan of a GTR I'd definitely pay the extra!

It’s a bit of a BS statement, TBH I think Nissan dreamt it up to stop the dealer groups being too greedy

But to be fair, it a good practise otherwise the dealerships would be uncompetitive in a difficult market place, and some are not that bright and particularly forward thinking.

We have our own price matching service throughout the range and group, and on the whole, allows a sensible pricing structure as well as taking a bit of business margin.

As with volume cars the larger groups are more interested in turnover rather than a one off big hit of profit, so this acumin works well. The only problem with this high turnover of work is that customer "Care" rather than "Service" sometimes suffers, due to a lack of staffing and time allocated for the individual. This is something I am desperatly trying to fix at our place.

NB:the discounts on servicing that I have offered, are over and above any other offers available for Forum Members :lol:B)