Vibration

4RE Leather

I have tried to find this elsewhere but to no avail.

I picked up my replacement 350 ZGT from the dealers today same year 2009 but with less miles on the clock 11000

When I test drove the car it had just beed serviced and had 2 new potenza's on the front and the back also Potenza's look only a few weeks old.

Anyway the salesman came with me and i insisted on a decent drive. So We went from Eastcote down to the A40 and onto the M40 and took the car up to 70 mph. She drove fine and I could not fault it. Due to circumstances I could not exchange for 2 weeks so the car was parked up and I made a note of the mileage. Today I went to pick her up and the milage was the same.

I took the same route as before and was on my own, however I noticed or felt vibration through the steering wheel at 50 mph. I turned of M40 to M25 then A3 to Wimbledon. Throughout that entire trip the vibration was there. until I was below 50 mph.

Any ideas as to what it might be and why it did not show up with 2 in the car but only when I was driving.

I let go of the wheel a few times and it wanted to turn to the left. But did not noticably pull left when l braked.

As the vehicle has only done 11000 miles any help would be appreciated. Although the vehicle is still in warrante I can'r be bothered to take it back so

I booked it in with a local centre that charges £25 to align the wheels. maybe I should get them all balanced as well.

I am beginning to think I am jinxed?

:clap:

I have tried to find this elsewhere but to no avail.

I picked up my replacement 350 ZGT from the dealers today same year 2009 but with less miles on the clock 11000

When I test drove the car it had just beed serviced and had 2 new potenza's on the front and the back also Potenza's look only a few weeks old.

Anyway the salesman came with me and i insisted on a decent drive. So We went from Eastcote down to the A40 and onto the M40 and took the car up to 70 mph. She drove fine and I could not fault it. Due to circumstances I could not exchange for 2 weeks so the car was parked up and I made a note of the mileage. Today I went to pick her up and the milage was the same.

I took the same route as before and was on my own, however I noticed or felt vibration through the steering wheel at 50 mph. I turned of M40 to M25 then A3 to Wimbledon. Throughout that entire trip the vibration was there. until I was below 50 mph.

Any ideas as to what it might be and why it did not show up with 2 in the car but only when I was driving.

I let go of the wheel a few times and it wanted to turn to the left. But did not noticably pull left when l braked.

As the vehicle has only done 11000 miles any help would be appreciated. Although the vehicle is still in warrante I can'r be bothered to take it back so

I booked it in with a local centre that charges £25 to align the wheels. maybe I should get them all balanced as well.

I am beginning to think I am jinxed?

Wheel weight may have came off.

Zeds are very sensitive to their allighment too. I would pay for a full geo allignment

Halfords have an online deal on alignments of £25. Which is a site cheaper than the £95 I paid last year for laser on my pathfinder.

at ATS Grimsby

Hope halfords are laser?

Thanks for your speedy reply

regards

Peter

Wheel weight may have came off.

Zeds are very sensitive to their allighment too. I would pay for a full geo allignment

Halfords have an online deal on alignments of £25. Which is a site cheaper than the £95 I paid last year for laser on my pathfinder.

at ATS Grimsby

Hope halfords are laser?

Thanks for your speedy reply

regards

Peter

i wouldnt let halfords near my car. Take it to a decent garage with laser

• 4 weeks later...

hade them balanced and laser aligned. Good job no wonder it was wobbly.

Both new fronts that were fitted by WLMG Bridgestone OEM were 15 gramms lite

Which suggests that either the tyre fitter never balanced them. The machine was faulty or the weights were blown off by

WLMG power car wash.

As this is the 2nd car from WLMG in 5 months and both cars had new tyres on the front and both were light by about the same weight. Does suggest that the tyre fitter they employ is a plonker.

Anyway the nearside rear was 30 grammes lite and offside rear 20 grammes lite.

front camber was in tolerance (Just) and rear was so far out you needed a taxi to get it back in.

Best money I ever spent. Smooth as a whistle and no wobbles:)

But reading up on tyre experiences I have to agree if you go out in torrential rain you need full body armour a roll cage and a harness.

Think i will try those Toyo proxes TIR's. Just need to find out the widest I can saftely get away with on 18 ome rays:)