Woman has just hit the Z

P19DRO

Woke up this morning to my next door neighbour at the door telling me a woman in a BMW has hit the car. Went outside to find her in tears saying she doesnt know whats happened she thinks that the car has rolled down a slight slope for about ten metres and has ended up resting against mine. I was expecting to find shards of carbon fibre everywhere off the bonnet but the only real damage I can see is the number plate surround has been mashed and there is a scuff on the bumper?

Do you guys think Im missing something? I started the car and no warning lights or anything came on. I took her details anyway and she stays up the road a bit but I keep thinking that cant be all the damage as her cars bumper has a fair old dent and scratch in or are BMW's just not that tough anymore?

What more should I do guys, Bumper off job?

Cheers,

Pete

Get it to a mechanic to check it out. There is a ruddy great crash beam behind the numberplate (and across the front bumper) which has probably taken the brunt of it, so best to get that checked at least. Not sure about airbag sensors etc, I'll let the more knowledgable ones comment on that :)

+4, sometimes on cars, the bumper flex`s, the beam behind buckles, which can cause damage with aircon rad, cooling, fans etc, then the bumper just "pops" back, effectively hiding the damage behind it.

Hopefully fingers crossed you are okay, it sounds like it was a very low speed accident.

Different parts of different cars can come out very differently in these types of situations. I smashed a huge badger at speed with the front of my zed and while the badger ended up all over the road in lumps, I didn't even get one tiny scratch anywhere on the front bumper. Similarly, when someone in a Volvo drove into the back quarter of my old Megane, their entire front wing, metalwork underneath, wheel & suspension & bottles & stuff on the inside needed work and I got two minor scratches on the bodywork. :)