Manual fuel cut off switch

goodatcrashing

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted a fuel cut off/defender switch on their zee? Im struggling to find the wire that provides power to the fuel pump. The plan is to splice a switch into the power and hide it. The manual keeps sending me round in circles!

For those wondering what im doing: To stop thieving scum from stealing my keys and taking the beloved zee, a manual fuel cut off can be turned off when not driving. When the thief tries to start up, no power is supplied to the fuel pumps and hopefully they give up.

Thanks for any help!

I figure putting it by the pedals would allow you to discreetly turn it on or off. Tempted write up a p1ss take "how to" thread for getting jacked!

But seriously, does anyone know where the fuel power cables are?

P.s. M13KYF: I think I saw you behind me at Mayfield road (Alty) on Sunday. I was in a silver Zee following a CRX.

I figure putting it by the pedals would allow you to discreetly turn it on or off. Tempted write up a p1ss take "how to" thread for getting jacked!

But seriously, does anyone know where the fuel power cables are?

P.s. M13KYF: I think I saw you behind me at Mayfield road (Alty) on Sunday. I was in a silver Zee following a CRX.

near homebase and B&Q. I turned of towards halfords at the lights? I did toot

I think I would break into the fuel pump circuit just before it enters the fuel tank.

This can be found behind the drivers seat. If you have the Bose speaker take that out, and you will see the cable in the void.

From there you would have lots of options for switch position - glove box, centre cubby, behind or underneath the drivers seat, under the flap for the rear power socket etc....

I have pics of where the cable is somewhere, give me a shout if you need to see it.

Someone I know had the "Blackjacks" system fitted to their impreza.

Three theives broke into the house (wih a crobars, while he was in bed), took the keys, drove it 500meters before it died due to lack of fuel. Then they got out and used said crowbars to smash the whole car up. Every panel, every window, even inside. In miniutes, before the cops turned up, while he was watching.

Wrote the car off.

Someone I know had the "Blackjacks" system fitted to their impreza.

Three theives broke into the house (wih a crobars, while he was in bed), took the keys, drove it 500meters before it died due to lack of fuel. Then they got out and used said crowbars to smash the whole car up. Every panel, every window, even inside. In miniutes, before the cops turned up, while he was watching.

Wrote the car off.

And that could have been sooo worse. Only 500m away from the house - they could have so easily come back and made them start the car again properly or do them over for their troubles :scare:

I think I would break into the fuel pump circuit just before it enters the fuel tank.

This can be found behind the drivers seat. If you have the Bose speaker take that out, and you will see the cable in the void.

From there you would have lots of options for switch position - glove box, centre cubby, behind or underneath the drivers seat, under the flap for the rear power socket etc....

I have pics of where the cable is somewhere, give me a shout if you need to see it.

I thought the fuel pump was behind the passenger seat? Although that wire turned out to be fuel level sensor :bangin:

Yes, if you have a pic that would be great - do you know which colour is +ve or -ve? Iv taken apart the fuse box and loads of interior to try and trace it back!

If any thief demands you start the car in the middle of the night, could pop on a gimp mask and tell them you've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Should do the trick.

And that could have been sooo worse. Only 500m away from the house - they could have so easily come back and made them start the car again properly or do them over for their troubles :scare:

Yup... the guy is a pretty big bloke. So I think if they had seen him, even WITH crow bars, they might have thought twice. But then again, they might not have.

The FUNNY thing (if there is one) about it is . They had to move his girlfriends car (which was a 206 GTI 180 at the time) which she always said was LOADS better than his Subaru... and they moved it out of the way of the Impreza then left it!!! :lol: Soon shut her up ;)