350z Spoiler

JackStrong

Hi Guys

Am looking to get a spoiler for the car, quite like the nismo but not a fan of the bottom bit not being flush with the boot. Been looking today and found this spoiler on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-B ... 2eb6477302

What is this spoiler ?

Am i correct in saying this goes over the standard boot spoiler fitted to my car ? As you can see the standard lip still there.

Cheers,

Jack

Hmm all I can think about it MR2 now lol. Looks okay but at that price I'd be worried about quality and sagging. I'm considering I think its a V2 or something with a carbon flat for about £265 unpainted.

Its £310 delivered and this one I like:

linky

I have one, uses original spoiler, which I've just purchased from a member on here as I still want my original spoiler in good condition, The spoiler itself is ok, it needs alot of prep, which I'm currently doin, I'm just filling in the imperfections and smoothing the whole spoiler, it's also feels slightly weak, I'm not sure if other spoilers are thicker, but to me it feels thin. But I may add a layer of filler over the whole spoiler to strengthen, and smooth it again, but it needs lots of prep before spraying to make it perfect.

I have one, uses original spoiler, which I've just purchased from a member on here as I still want my original spoiler in good condition, The spoiler itself is ok, it needs alot of prep, which I'm currently doin, I'm just filling in the imperfections and smoothing the whole spoiler, it's also feels slightly weak, I'm not sure if other spoilers are thicker, but to me it feels thin. But I may add a layer of filler over the whole spoiler to strengthen, and smooth it again, but it needs lots of prep before spraying to make it perfect.

I wouldnt do that if i were you. I think if you coated the whole spoiler in filler,then as soon as you close the boot hard,or rest on the spoiler,the filler will crack and leave you feeling very frustrated.

Id imagine its not very thick,but does it really need to be,its not as if its a F1 car with huge downforce generating potential. If just fill any dips etc,and leave the main body alone.

Feel free to argue. lol

Bloody hell :scare: have you not fitted it yet :p

I obviously looked at it when I first got it and did think it needed a bit of prep, more in the corners.

The rest I thought would be ok smoothed and primed and smoothed again.

Dont think it was too thin and the spoiler I actually fitted, although better quality out of the box, is no thicker.

No I'm not going to argue, I'm not an expert with bodywork, I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment and to learn, so I'm being guided as I'm doing it so appreciate the advise.

Sorry if that came across abit abrupt chap,was not intentional. Im hot and bothered. lol

No I'm not going to argue, I'm not an expert with bodywork, I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment and to learn, so I'm being guided as I'm doing it so appreciate the advise.

Sorry if that came across abit abrupt chap,was not intentional. Im hot and bothered. lol

No worries, I didn't take it the wrong way and appreciate the advise

Bloody hell :scare: have you not fitted it yet :p

I obviously looked at it when I first got it and did think it needed a bit of prep, more in the corners.

The rest I thought would be ok smoothed and primed and smoothed again.

Dont think it was too thin and the spoiler I actually fitted, although better quality out of the box, is no thicker.

No not fitted it yet, ive got married and moved house so been very busy, I wasn't sure on the thickness, as I've never had an aftermarket spoiler, but if this is the norm then that's ok, I'm currently filling in small defects like the corners, and some of the primer is a bit rough, it's the filling and then smoothing those areas that take time, smoothing off the primer isn't hard, won't be long untill it's on.