Rear Camera/Light. Spot the difference.

slimjim

-----------

[EDIT]

THIS DOES FIT... PERFECTLY!!!

MUST TRY HARDER... The camera I thought didn't fit DOES fit, just needed a little more "persuasion" then I was giving it before.

Rev1.jpg

Rev2.jpg

Rev3.jpg

Rev4.jpg

Rev5.jpg

Can't get the cable to the TV to test it ON the car :doh:

So will have to wait till I get a headunit :)

[/EDIT]

-----------

I think with a slight modification, this should fit.

Was a bit of a sod to get the light in... a little tight, so use of "Stan The Man" was needed to open the hole a teeny tiny amount.

Not worked out WHY it WON'T fit though. Seems to be the same size as the original, with the same kinda fittings. but it seems to drop out. :doh:

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C5.jpg

Ordered this one... but contacted them to upgrade it to the CCD camera, which was an extra £4.30, so about £23 in total!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330533965399

I will keep you lot updated. She is going for an MOT today, so I can't really play with the plate lights in case I kill em :lol:

Bugger, bugger, bugger...

They have sent me the NTSC one NOT the PAL version ... :rant:

Will it still work with UK head units? :shrug:

What HU are you trying to pair it with? Unlike old TVs most HU you can select whether it is PAL or NTSC ;)

Bugger, bugger, bugger...

They have sent me the NTSC one NOT the PAL version ... :rant:

Will it still work with UK head units? :shrug:

What HU are you trying to pair it with? Unlike old TVs most HU you can select whether it is PAL or NTSC ;)

Sweeet... Looking at a P4300DVD.

Plus, I think this should be a good sign! :thumbs:

TV.jpg

Apart from the fact it looks like someone is reversing into my living room! :lol:

That is a big camera! Does it come with a tripod? :lol:

Good luck with that one :thumbs:

What's the next mod on the list?

:p

Still looks quire subtle in place though.....

Finished off cutting the hole in my sub box this morning :yahoo: ... Plus my foam sheets for lining the inside of the box came today. So I think that will be my next step.

Although this might ALL come to a crashing halt today when she goes for her MOT!!! :scare:

Cam looks good. Are the lines movable? Or are you going to have to work out how wide they are and hope they level/square? Remeber the light socket is offset - but hopefully they will have corrected the lines for that. :lol:

MUST TRY HARDER... The camera I thought didn't fit DOES fit, just needed a little more "persuasion" then I was giving it before.

Rev1.jpg

Rev2.jpg

Rev3.jpg

Rev4.jpg

Rev5.jpg

Can't get the cable to the TV to test it ON the car :doh:

So will have to wait till I get a headunit :)

Just for kicks, I'm thinking about also putting a camera at the front :) My HU supports a reversing camera plus an extra video input.

Anyone else done something this silly?

I think it is a great idea... but I think you need something to constantly record the front camera while you are driving, so you can watch back when you are finished. B)

This might do the job...

http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/d ... index.html

Slimjim - looking great, will be ordering one of these shortly so thanks for being a pioneer!

Chris - This month I'm planning a reversing camera on the rear linked to HU and front mounted camera fitted to sav nav in cubby with AV input - just trying to find a suitable nav unit at the moment.

Thought about a Lilliput (think that's right) 7 inch screen for cubby but wouldn't want it sitting blank when front camera wasn't in use, so now reading up on satnav units with av input and freeview. Can keep you posted if you like?

Stu