Has anyone ever had Black Diamond brakes fitted?

SteveRS

Has anyone had them fitted? What are they like?

:)

yes but not on the zed, had them on my 306 GTi6 years ago. they aren't bad, would put them on par with EBC stuff, similiar standard and quality. not as good as products like tarox, DBA PF etc

Again, not on the Zed, but on an MR2 Roadster years ago (the first batch ever made for the car for a select few of us in fact), and I was very happy with them as a slight OEM upgrade. Tbh though there's better choices out there for the Zed, and I wouldn't put anything other than the DBA or Performance Friction stuff on there as they are worth every single penny. :thumbs:

DBA have always been my first choice but just spotted the black diamond discs whilst looking on the net this evening. They have won awards, so thought I would get some opinions on here.

My discs need changing on every corner and need doing very soon really but I don't quite have the money for DBA's and ferodo pads, so I was weighing up alternatives.

• 5 months later...

Has anybody tried Black Diamong Disc'c on the Z since this thread?

I am still on the original Brembo's but they are down around 27mm so due a change..

Bd's look good value and reports on the interweb generaly OK... choice of grooved or drilled

Mike

Has anybody tried Black Diamong Disc'c on the Z since this thread?

I am still on the original Brembo's but they are down around 27mm so due a change..

Bd's look good value and reports on the interweb generaly OK... choice of grooved or drilled

Mike

Mike, yes, we supplied them to Col earlier this month, here's a few posts since from Col - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57535&hilit=black and viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57667&hilit=black

:)