could someone help me with few mods plz :)

kenc543

Hi everyone just bought my 350z a few days ago and been looking everywhere for some good mods ,my car already has a induction kit on with a cold air feed so that bit is fine am wanting to get over 300bhp not sure what my car is yet as i have not had it rolling road yet

am thinking of 5/16 plenum spacer says gains around 11bhp or Velocity Intake Manifold now this says 30.5 bhp gains obv am thinking the velocity because of power gains has anyone tried any of these and had good gains ??

secondly i seen a throttle controller on the bay thinking about getting this to improve throttle response not sure if this will add any bhp or anything but if it helps throttle then it help the car be quicker again has anyone tried this ??

then going to move to de cat with straight through exhaust seen good pair on the bay cheap so thinking about this

then last would be the uprev tune so it helps all the mods together and i get the best gains

what sort of bhp will i be looking from all this together ??

any help and info would be appreciated lads and lasses if there is any on here

all that together i think i could keep cost low to about £1000

Welcome to the club. :wave:

It seems you may have done a bit of research already regarding the best mods but there is plenty on here.

Start with these two threads they will give you a good idea of what works and what doesn't and the results.

:)

Mod recommendations - viewtopic.php?f=114&t=38876

Dyno Results - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

You may also want to search 'Dyno results' as there are a few individual results not in the main thread.

Welcome to the club. :wave:

It seems you may have done a bit of research already regarding the best mods but there is plenty on here.

Start with these two threads they will give you a good idea of what works and what doesn't and the results.

:)

Mod recommendations - viewtopic.php?f=114&t=38876

Dyno Results - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

You may also want to search 'Dyno results' as there are a few individual results not in the main thread.

hi thanks for the warm welcome ! yea a did a little search on a few things , like i say a just needed bit info if anyone had tried these , am prob going to get the plenum spacer with the throttle controller for now and when the inlets off a might try a little porting if i can, hopefuly if the spacer gives me like 11 the throttle controller should get me a few so if i get around 15bhp from 2 mods am happy , then next month maybe work on the exhaust then after that a nice map :)

hi thanks for the warm welcome ! yea a did a little search on a few things , like i say a just needed bit info if anyone had tried these , am prob going to get the plenum spacer with the throttle controller for now and when the inlets off a might try a little porting if i can, hopefuly if the spacer gives me like 11 the throttle controller should get me a few so if i get around 15bhp from 2 mods am happy , then next month maybe work on the exhaust then after that a nice map :)

Hi welcome to the forum;

I would just add the figures quoted by the makers of the parts to get a estimated bhp gain.

I have never seen any of these part give the figures quoted but they all help if used with the right mix of parts.

1, the main restriction in the exhaust is the cats. So you can remove this a few ways;

fit de-cats , you gain top end but your lose low rpm torque

Fit HFC,s you lose a little top end agaisnt de-cats but keep the low rpm torque

Fit Motordyne ART pipes and a XYZ Y pipe with or without a race cats and have the best of

both worlds.

The cheaoest is the de-cat way the most expensive is the ART decat and XYZ

2, Dont bother with the throttle controller the UPrev does the same job.

3 , Plenum spacer will help with mid range torque but not top end BHP.

4, Re exhaust stock system works well , if you want to change the Y pipe get a Milltek but

again it isnt cheap but I have seen a few cars with the "quiet" K2 I think Japspeed system on

witha Japspeed Y pipe these work well as well but the fit quality isnt very good.

5, I feel astock airbox works better than any airfilter system as you dont get heat soak like most

under bonnet air filter systems, just add RT Customz Velocity stack kit and a good panel filter.

6, Porting I wouldnt bother these cylinder heads flow big figures as stock , we have seen over

1000bhp on stock cylinder heads on a twin turbo DE motor on a engine dyno in the US.

The onluy other mod I have seen a on a DE motor that helps is fit a Cosworth plenum this motor gave 300bhp flywheel on my dyno but without the expensive Cosworth plenum your see 295 flywheel bhp pretty easy.

something like

Plenum spacer

Stock air box with RT biscuilt velocity stack ( 06 air box spec) we will have these in stock soon

De-cats or HFC's

Y pipe

Japspeed exhaust K2 I think ( the quietist one)

Uprev remap

Will work real well.

Mark