370z Airbag Module Data

Mitchell

I bought a damaged 370z a few months ago with the airbags deployed. I have since replaced the bags and have been driving with the warning light still on.

When I have taken the car to my auto electrician, he is having massive problems communicating with the cars airbag ecu and is not able to do a straight reset as per any other car. He claims the programme on the ecu module is corrupt and cannot be repaired from his PC. A new module would cost c.£2k!!

An alternative to buying the new module is to copy the programme from a non damaged car with the airbag ecu intact straight onto my car.

Problem is, where can I find this airbag ecu programme data? Does anyone out there have a spare airbag module they could lend me? Or happen to be passing the Barnsley area in the next week or so?!

Im sure there are a few others who have repaired these cars before, any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

(I want this doing properly so no suggestions of just pulling the bulb out :) )

Thanks

Mitchell

Ask Abbey if they can sort it, you should be able to reset it via Consult. I would be very very supprised if the airbag ECU module is "corrupt". That is a mission critical piece of hardware, it wont simply corrupt itself like a PC can. Either it will need a reset via Consult or it could be a "one time only" control module in which case once the bags are deployed you need a new one.

not sure but do they employ some of the saftey feature from the GT-R on the 370z

if yes then you may well need a new ECU

I remember this being posted up in the past and the great expense for a minor knock

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accid ... i-did.html

They use the same bonnet lifters Mike - the ones that deploy on a frontal impact. So I'm guessing a large marjority of it will be shared with the GTR.

not sure but do they employ some of the saftey feature from the GT-R on the 370z

if yes then you may well need a new ECU

I remember this being posted up in the past and the great expense for a minor knock

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accid ... i-did.html

They use the same bonnet lifters Mike - the ones that deploy on a frontal impact. So I'm guessing a large marjority of it will be shared with the GTR.

so new ECU may be required then