kinetix front discs + EBC yellow stuff pads

Mull

Evening

has anyone tried this set up on the front, i am looking for replacments and these are in my price range, was originally going to go for EBC discs but done a bit of digging and people dont seem to recommend them. for what i use the car for dont need anything mega.

thanks

MuLL

Urr, personally I'd be :pmzmanalex:

I've used yellowstuff before, I wouldn't again personally, nor anything else from ebc.

Incidentally, I'll be after some cheaper rear discs soon and he has some stoptech discs which are reasonably cheap. Ferodo pads aren't too expensive either.

i used yellowstuff pads on track and thought they were fantastic value for money. Not sure about the discs though. Probably be rebranded ebc discs. EBC's pads have all got new compounds and are much better than they used to be. If you search you will see many threads debating this.

thanks as always, for your input :thumbs:

think i am defo going to go with the yellow stuff pads should be spot on for what i want, really like the feedback from the Ferodo pads but for what i want would be wasted, dont drive aggressive enough, still thinking about what to do about discs :wacko: would love to go for something like the DBA rotors that alex is selling with ferodo pads but at the min dont have the money, would like to try and get something sorted for around 250 maybe 300 which isnt ideal i know, normally when it comes to the zed there is no expense spared but works dried up at the min so this time i have to tighten up.........................NIGHTMAARE

MuLL

thanks as always, for your input :thumbs:

think i am defo going to go with the yellow stuff pads should be spot on for what i want, really like the feedback from the Ferodo pads but for what i want would be wasted, dont drive aggressive enough, still thinking about what to do about discs :wacko: would love to go for something like the DBA rotors that alex is selling with ferodo pads but at the min dont have the money, would like to try and get something sorted for around 250 maybe 300 which isnt ideal i know, normally when it comes to the zed there is no expense spared but works dried up at the min so this time i have to tighten up.........................NIGHTMAARE

MuLL

As I said. Stoptech discs from alex.

I have EBC ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads all round. Got no issues with them at all. I don't use my car on a track and they are fine for road use imo.

Same set up as me. I've done 17000 miles on them and the discs are now shot, seriously, check your inner disc surfaces asap. Mine were worn by 1-2mm but the outside surface was hardly worn.

Yellowstuff pads are really hard on discs, I wont be using them again.