Tesla :P

imhereithink85

Had a great chance today whilst visiting an old friend,

He had use of his bosses Tesla for the week while on holiday B)

What a crazy car it is, i was giggling like a school girl every time we pulled away from lights. An immense amount of torque but no noise! :blink: was the craziest thing. I thought the ride would also be quite rough but to my suprise it handles the rough potholed roads with ease. If only i had a spare £80k I would defo snap one up. Just thought i would share my experience :p

Any one else had a shot in one?

A lot of money for not much car IMHO. I'd rather buy a couple of 370's or Elise's (or get a 911) and have loads of cash left over. £100k, which I believe is the list price is just ridiculous really :shrug:

Pete

They're certainly not an ugly car, but does it perhaps loose some spirit without the noise?

A lot of money for not much car IMHO. I'd rather buy a couple of 370's or Elise's (or get a 911) and have loads of cash left over. £100k, which I believe is the list price is just ridiculous really :shrug:

Maybe the price will come down a bit once the novelty dies down a bit. Remember how expensive LCD and Plasman and digital cameras used to be. Ok, it's somewhat of a more substantial item than a poxy little camera or tv. At this juncture they're not producing them in their masses.

Needs a big manufacturer to take it on for it to become cheaper. Requires economies of scale as Immy says just like LCDs, digi cams, and any other technology for that matter. Sure Nissan will be doing some good stuff in this field in a few years.

I must admit I would miss the sound. I see a time in the future when tracks will be filled with leccy cars, that will be a weird site to see them all zipping around making no noise! :lol:

Yeah i have to agree with the sound, you do miss it. Although what it lacks in sound it more than makes up for it in the drive. The thing just keeps accelerating its crazy.

The price is a bit steep as you say, but the cool factor that comes with it is priceless, also the fact you can charge it for approx £4 is ace :thumbs:

Not many folk outside the industry have even seen a Tesla in the wild, let alone driven one I would have thought. Lucky you!

I'd like a go in one, the full torque from zero revs must be a giggle. Think the technology would be more suited to a big saloon though, where it would be the ultimate refined waft-mobile.

I must admit I would miss the sound. I see a time in the future when tracks will be filled with leccy cars, that will be a weird site to see them all zipping around making no noise! :lol:

I can imagine in years to come electric cars filling up the race tracks. It would still be a bit odd, well maybe only because we're used to the noise. Although you keep a good eye on what's going on around you when on the track, you can still hear noise of other cars following, even with a helmet on.