Rav 4 - Can I put my old Z wheels on it?

DoubleDeuce1973

Hi,

I have recently swapped my standard alloys for Rays leaving the old ones looking lonely in the garage.

The other half has a Rav4 with 16 inch rims on that are in a very bad state. Both front tyres on her car are ready for a change and being the size they are generally cost a fair bit anyway. So I had a thought :D

I have checked and it appears that both the Z and the RAV 4 have the same fitting 114.3?? and 5 bolts so was just wondering whether the Nissan wheels could be put onto the Rav 4 (improving the look in my opinion).

If this is possible, what size tyres would I need to put on to keep speedo accurate?

The 16s currently fitted have 215/70/16.

I suspect that the ride will be a little firmer but can anyone envisage any other problems.

Keep in mind the hub bore. The Ravs is 60.1 while the Zeds is 66.1 so a hubcentric ring will be neccessary to ensure that the rim seats properly.

Also keep in mind that you'll be putting wider rims on the back of the RAV than on the front which may effect handling (is the RAV primarily FWD/part time 4WD?) and that you'll need at least a 50 profile tyre to get close to the OE wheels circumference.

Hi,

I thought the 114.3 measurement was for the hub. What does that mean then?

The standard wheels are 8J's front and back I believe so I assumed that I could put the same size tyres on all around. Have I go that wrong?

the 114.3 is the distance between studs.

if they are standard wheels (ie not the rays) they are the same width all round, so you shouldnt have handling issues associated with them.

You will require spiggon rings to reduce the Nissan wheel bore size down to RAV4 bore size.

The rav 4 is not full time 4wd so I dont think it will mess the handling up. However I believe there is a lock to engage 4wd. If you want to use this then you will need the same tyre size for the front and rear or else you will get tension on the drive shafts and then Snap!