Help with with wheel refurbishment warranty please

scubapics

Hi all,

I had my alloys refurbished by a franchised branch of a well known alloy wheel refurbisher. One of the wheels didn't quite work out right in that the paint finish wrinkled when it should be smooth. They attempted to redo the work twice but neither them or me were happy with the finish.

The work was originally done in February with subsequent reattempts in March. I couldn't go back again at that time as my wife was heavily pregnant and about to give birth (e/o March). We mutually agreed that I would book the car in later in the year when it was more appropriate for the family. The work had a 12 month warranty anyway so was a problem for them or me.

Now that the dust of the birth has settled and I have some time off coming up in August, I wanted to get the car booked in only to find that the branch has closed. Other branches are still open so the whole franchise is not kaput.

However, as this is a franchised network, and each branch is owned individually (I guess), does anyone know if the franchiser is legally bound to honour the guarantee and authorise the work to be done at one of the other franchise branches.

It's worth adding that the service received by the closed branch was superb at all times and there was never any doubt that they would sort the wheel out.

Jim