100,000 mile 350z, a wise idea ?

If you think a 350z is expensive to run though, you should try the 911 porsche! My brothers boxster S was ridiculous money to maintain and god forbid anything went wrong. Buying an ancient leggy one really isn't clever :lol:

For the OP, if you can afford 8k in a couple of months then wait- the cars will only get cheaper whereas if you jump at buying a dog, you're wallets only going to hurt later ;)

As far as buying from a dealer, it's your call but i've never had a good car from a dealer whereas private you've got some cash left over for any bits you do need doing.

At that price a dealer will have had it p/x (sellers p/xing rarely look after their cars as well- or they can't sell/ afraid to sell private) or they've bought it at auction (where you really can feast on some horror stories). The warrenties they tend to sell are worth very little when it comes to actually claiming- they aren't like the warrenties you get with a new car/ product (been there and done it!).

Take your time and find one that's immacculate for the money you want. Cars of this engine size/ spec are difficult to sell at the moment so you shouldn't find it difficult to push a few sellers on the price if you need to.

I p/x'ed my old Zed as it needed quite a bit of work and I didnt want a forum member buying it. Plus it made it easier when I picked up the 370z as I just gave them the keys to the 350z and drove away in the new one :blush:

Think if I do wait until say October/November time then might persuade myself to hold out for a Roadster as presumably they will drop in value as winter approaches (?). I agree though, the 996 is an itch that I really shouldnt scatch. Previously had an Elise & that cost me nearly a £1000 a month to run including servicing, insurance & depreciation........all with a 1.8 litre K series unit.