been busy

SteveM

making the most of the not great driving conditions to finish a couple of projects :teeth:

standard 276 lower plenum

DSC_0365.jpg

let the mods begin

DSC_0371.jpg

getting there

DSC_0373.jpg

standard lower in place (with plenum spacer)

intake.jpg

ok its not an Mrev2 but its close! (dont worry i remembered to put the spacer back on!)

modintake.jpg

oh and while i was at it......

stock setup under the car

standard.jpg

:yuck:

existing.jpg

thats better... thanks Motordyne!

motordynexyz.jpg

and on the car

fitted.jpg

cant really comment on any change as its raining here so no playing... will be popping back to abbey for a reflash on the dyno and to see if there are any changes for the better :drive1

I presume your car is revup?

You'll love the Y pipe but to get the best gains you need to ditch the CATS for de-CATS. On that basis I guess you have the race CAT in the Y pipe?

Good work on the plenum!!

I presume your car is revup?

You'll love the Y pipe but to get the best gains you need to ditch the CATS for de-CATS. On that basis I guess you have the race CAT in the Y pipe?

Good work on the plenum!!

yep have a 2007 revup

and yep i know the cats are the most restrictive part of the system and i know to get the best i need either HFC or decats and the Motordyne race cat but at the moment its just the Y pipe.... toying with Berks HFCs....

:thumbs:

Anyone know what exactly you need to do in sanding down / polishing up the lower/higher spacer?

Plus how much of a difference it makes?

Looking good! :thumbs:

from reading quite a few threads on different forums it would seem that 5mm from the top of the front intakes is the norm

i then took out all the imperfections and lettering, joins in the castings and smothed things out a bit then went over it all with a wire brush. dont know if its the combination of the two (y pipe and plenum) but it feels a lot more torquey mid range now

check out the motordyne website for actual dyno results of the MREV plenum (not saying mine is as good or will get the same results but for what it cost me im happy!)

On that basis I guess you have the race CAT in the Y pipe?

No race cat in the picture, not sure how much they cost to add... worth it though. :teeth:

Good point I can see the difference now with two compared.

DSCF2184.jpg

I can't really comment on this mod on the Z but on the motorcycles (my job) it's been shown that polishing the inlet tracks/manifolds makes the fuel form into droplets on the walls instead of staying in suspension, then causing a lean/rich mixture as it starves the motor then releases the droplets from the walls causing a rich spike.

Nothing wrong with gas flowing of course, but we avoid making the inlet too smooth/polished.

yep agree that smooth and polished is not the way forward.. i just took out all the casting marks, lettering and big lumps and bumps then roughed it all back up again :thumbs:

and anyway the intake plenum on the Z doesnt have any fuel in it just air so its all about increasing air flow.... fuel is injected further down the system :teeth:

I can't really comment on this mod on the Z but on the motorcycles (my job) it's been shown that polishing the inlet tracks/manifolds makes the fuel form into droplets on the walls instead of staying in suspension, then causing a lean/rich mixture as it starves the motor then releases the droplets from the walls causing a rich spike.

Nothing wrong with gas flowing of course, but we avoid making the inlet too smooth/polished.

yep agree that smooth and polished is not the way forward.. i just took out all the casting marks, lettering and big lumps and bumps then roughed it all back up again :thumbs:

and anyway the intake plenum on the Z doesnt have any fuel in it just air so its all about increasing air flow.... fuel is injected further down the system :teeth:

Yeah I realised that just after posting it, had carb'd inlets on the brain :lol:

• 1 month later...