Three months in.....

GrahamB

Guys

I've now been driving my Zed for just over three months and I've got to the minor gripe stage (though I still wouldn't drive anything else short of an Aston or Ferrari!)

Does anyone else suffer from the following or can offer some advice:

1. Clicking Rear Axle - yes I know there are 17,312 other posts but I'm really busy at the moment. Does it do long term damage or can I wait until life is less hectic in the new year?

2. Headlight Warning "Ding" - doesn't seem to work any more. I keep leaving the lights on!

3. Drivers Side Window Auto Drop - seems to only work inconsisently

4. Factory Fit BirdView - the DVD seems waaaay out of date (e.g. no M6 toll etc). Is it possible to get an update without taking out a mortgage to go see a stealer

5. Torque in First - is it just my really bad driving style or does first just rev really quickly with little torque? I don't seem to get proper "grunt" until I change in to 2nd at about 2,500 revs

6. Windscreen / Headlamp Wash - sometimes (it seems to be when I haven't used the windscreen wash for a while) instead of cleaning the windscreen pulling the stalk washes the headlights instead of the screen. very annoying if you've just washed the car! Is this a "feature"?

7. Bluetooth Integration - in general works great but then the stupid tart just seems to loose her ability to hear and all you get is "Pardon?". Very polite but equally annoying.

Lastly I had to get the windscreen replaced (very efficient insurance job via Autoglass) but the sensor thingy (technical term) behind the rear view mirror now doesn't attach properly. Anyone know what it is for and how I can best reattach it (my only thought so far is double sided sticky tape and I don't want to muck up the sensor).

Many thanks in advance

Graham

the thing behind the rear view mirror is the antenna for the old phone cradle. Not used for the bluetooth

Annoying about the headlamp washer. I Always pull over and turn the lights off before spraying the windscreen. Think it stops doing the lights after 3 goes. :blush:

Guys

1. Clicking Rear Axle - yes I know there are 17,312 other posts but I'm really busy at the moment. Does it do long term damage or can I wait until life is less hectic in the new year? It will wait - no long term damage will be caused.

2. Headlight Warning "Ding" - doesn't seem to work any more. I keep leaving the lights on! Sounds like a fault - is your car still in warranty?

3. Drivers Side Window Auto Drop - seems to only work inconsisently Sounds like another warranty claim.

4. Factory Fit BirdView - the DVD seems waaaay out of date (e.g. no M6 toll etc). Is it possible to get an update without taking out a mortgage to go see a stealer No idea.

5. Torque in First - is it just my really bad driving style or does first just rev really quickly with little torque? I don't seem to get proper "grunt" until I change in to 2nd at about 2,500 revs It's probably just the linear power delivery - look at the speedo before changing to 2nd - you may be surprised how fast you're travelling.

6. Windscreen / Headlamp Wash - sometimes (it seems to be when I haven't used the windscreen wash for a while) instead of cleaning the windscreen pulling the stalk washes the headlights instead of the screen. very annoying if you've just washed the car! Is this a "feature"? Once you've turned the headlights on the washers will wash them the first time you go to clean the screen - it's a requirement for the xenons I believe. Then it will wash them every fifth squirt (I think) although it may be random.

7. Bluetooth Integration - in general works great but then the stupid tart just seems to loose her ability to hear and all you get is "Pardon?". Very polite but equally annoying. I've got a Parrott and it works perfectly.

Lastly I had to get the windscreen replaced (very efficient insurance job via Autoglass) but the sensor thingy (technical term) behind the rear view mirror now doesn't attach properly. Anyone know what it is for and how I can best reattach it (my only thought so far is double sided sticky tape and I don't want to muck up the sensor). Mikey has already covered this one but if you do want to stick it back, get some of the rear view mirror stickers available from Halfrauds and the like. (Double sided tape will not hold for long) Hope this helps.

Many thanks in advance

Graham

Thanks guys....

Looks like I need a warranty visit to the Stealer in the New Year.

Does anyone else have the 05/55 Sat Nav without the M6 toll etc? Maybe if we can get a bulk order for new maps together Mr F or Holdcroft can get a deal from Nissan.

G