Has anyone on here been to miami?

big.h

yep we went in 2008 also. absolutely the best holiday i have ever had and we've been all over the place.

We stayed in http://deauvillebeachresort.com/ 6701 collins avenue. The hotel was ok, good gym and pool area but nothing special however the private beach was brilliant, we spent many an evening sat on the beach just chilling with some nice drinks.

Miami is amazing you can get anywhere by bus for a flat rate of $1.50. Although we found the local people quite miserable there wasnt a single thing we didnt like. the food, the buildings the beach, the cars... just everything so much so i proposed to my girlfriend on miami beach 14th avenue!

if you want to know anything else feel free to ask me, if i can help i will!

Haven't been for a few years but stayed right in the heart of South Beach. Still the only place I've ever been that the ladies go out to dinner in a bikini, high heels and jewelry. Awesome..... Practice your perving skills before you go!

I'm returning next year so will keep an eye out for recommendations!

went last year stayed at the strand , now the called congress , all rooms are suites with kitchens , microwaves etc. a few doors down from the clevelander but no noise issues.

Miami was good but very expensive for a week we spent £1400 between us on eating and drinking and we werent having 5 course meals ! , depends on where you go.

drinks about £7 - 8 a bottle of bud , shorts about £14 quid

nightlife ok , mint lounge was best.

some of the streets behind the ocean front are rough but didint have any trouble, worth a look for a week but any longer will

cost you £££

if you stay where we did least you can have your breakfast in room and save a few £££

hotel was £690 each inc direct flights from heathrow , taxi from airport about £20

to be honest vegas was miles better , if you havent been there i would go there first

i wouldnt agree on the expensive thing. i may be wrong as it was 2008 we went but we took a £1000 spending money for the two of us for a fortnight and we spent it all but ate what we wanted where we wanted.

big advantage we had was that we dont drink so there was hardly any of that spent on alcohol, just shopping, eating and activities.

*shudders at memories of Miami Airport*

Not a place to be by yourself late at night :wacko: Some strange people emerge from the woodwork ;)

In 12 years of working at sea, I flew into the US a dozen times to join vessels.

4 of those occasions where into Miami....and each time I was taken into a holding room whilst they sorted through my visa.

I spent 8 hours in the embassy in London to get a visa to avoid all that crap!

+ 1 really nasty at imigration , sent me to the back of the que because i hadnt signed the bottom of

my green card and wouldnt let me do it at the desk ! happy fecking holidays !

They make you feel like criminals , real hard a$$es on the desks

it was expensive when i went , but its all dependant on what exchange rate you get

+ 1 really nasty at imigration , sent me to the back of the que because i hadnt signed the bottom of

my green card and wouldnt let me do it at the desk ! happy fecking holidays !

They make you feel like criminals , real hard a$$es on the desks

it was expensive when i went , but its all dependant on what exchange rate you get

i agree with this part, my girlfriend and i were forced to go in completely separate queues for immigration. when we were reunited apparently the old guy who had "served" my girlfriend and had been really rude and nasty to her. I went and complained and they were very nice after that. they made the guy apologise and offered to carry our bags to the taxi rank :)