rear light cluster - failed

buckmoy

bit of a weird one...car was idling outside Threshers last night with my mate in it, a cd playing and the front dips on..as I was paying for my lagers I glanced over lovingly at the car through the window...when all of a sudden the rear nearside light cluster just went off!

My mate was on the phone at the time and hadn't touched anything!

Anyway - its not just the lights but the brake light on that side isn't working either. Is this a fuse? Had a look at the manual and searched these forums but can't see anything. The fuse box diagram didn't appear to have one for the rear lights so I thought I'd ask u lot before proceeding to take them all out...(P*ssing with rain here in Bristol and I haven't got a garage...)

Any ideas??

lol - I knew as I typed that it was a thick thing to say.... Where can I get a replacement bulb?

Is it difficult to replace? Please don't tell me I need to visit the dealer..

2 min job, unbolt three 10mm head bolts under plastic caps and light unit falls out :thumbs: pull out bulb, go to nearest car accessory shop buy a bulb same type , replace Then stand back and look at nice bright lights ;)

the plot thickens....

...water inside the housing, sloshing around just below the level of the bulb...now I'm no physicist but..

..so I aborted for fear of electrical incidents..and the thought struck me - warranty?

What now?!

stick a goldfish in it and you have yourself a great Pimping mod!

I know no one is going to read this comment so i would like to use this opportunity to state that i have a tiny nob

:teeth:

....that NEARLY made me laugh....but not quite. :boxing: Any ideas beyond references to your own genitals more than welcome! :thumbs: I got stopped by the police last night cos of this (and I was caning it - she had no recording equipment and was by herself... :headhurt: ).... and am quite keen to sort it!!

don't say dealer, don't say dealer...

the plot thickens....

...water inside the housing, sloshing around just below the level of the bulb...now I'm no physicist but..

..so I aborted for fear of electrical incidents..and the thought struck me - warranty?

What now?!

take bulb out , empty water out, replace with new bulb and see what happens... or take it to dealer :p

the plot thickens....

What now?!

take bulb out , empty water out, replace with new bulb and see what happens... or take it to dealer :p

Is your lens cracked, because if so, that could be resonsible for letting in the water. Also, check the seal at the same time.

cool - well.

I opened it up again, drained the water, replaced the bulb, refixed it...turned on the lights and....:

the left wing mirror folded in and passenger seat warmer turned on??!!!

Ha :teeth: no not really - its not a Mitsibushi GTO :p

Lights fine again - thanks for the help..will keep an eye on rear light goldfish potential though.

ha - well you've obv got a good sense of humour..(kind of important for GTO owners..).! :thumbs:

My brothers got one - I borrowed it a while back and made the mistake of pressing the wing mirror button...whilst this caused the rear spolier to start responding to speed again (it had been stuck down for ages) - the wing mirrors wouldn't fold out again...they're wicked cars and I love them - mad overkill japanese 90s technology

cheers tho - see ya