nzr Chernobyl Photo Exhibition in Eton, Berkshire

darkoptics

Hi

I currently have a photo exhibition showing in Eton (near Windsor) Berkshire, all monochrome images and taken from within the 30km exclusion zone around The Chernobyl power plant, the cause of the nuclear disaster in 1986

its taken around 6months of work (around real work) and has meant that ive not been out in the Z much

I was impressed though that 30 framed prints as well as other stuff fitted into the boot of the roadster (without spare wheel) - looking forward to some sunshine now and hopefully some meets when the show is over!

if anyone is at a loose end this month and if its of interest then pop down and take a look

more info and photos are on my website at : http://www.darkoptics.net

Darren

yeah i had seen that site, did alot of research before the trip really interesting though, i love reading about road trips like that

definately a brave thing to do on a bike

if you had seen the roads there you would see what i mean (we think we have pot hole problems!!)

Bit far for me, can't imagine why. :p:lol: I love the picture with the building with large bold writing, and on the right, what looks to be a tree with light or yellow coloured round leaves almost lit up on the left. Such a contrast. :thumbs:

My sister who lives in australia tried that line, surely its only a little plane ride away :)

Seriously though, thanks for the comments, I wasnt sure about posting it here but then i thought that most Z owners have great taste by default so they might appeal

A fantastic set of shots - I like seeing nature reclaiming an area, its fascinating stuff. I enjoyed the documentart series "life after people" theorising on what would happen to various places around the world if people just dissappeared.

I had no idea that you could arrange tours of this area, and it is certainly something I would consider doing before radiation levels drop further and it becomes commercially viable to run these types of tours in large numbers.

ive stopped glowing now i think although i do still set off some car alarms when i walk past

the tourism over there is actually alot more than you would expect, they do day tours there which can have a few minibus loads of people, me and a mate went over and had a tour guide by ourselves

even managed to get a chernobyl mug and pen in the local shop (product marketeers dont miss a trick)

so its getting to be like that already, although not as bad as Auschwitz quite yet

its the silence that gets you

its like walking through a movie set but without any birds or background hum, quite eerie in that respect, if you think of the last time that you remember hearing 'nothing'

the architecture is quite something as well, alot of the eastern block cities have modernised somewhat so this place has been a time capsule of what it was like to live in a soviet-ukrainian city, so really interesting from that point of view as well

Thats an amazing set of photo's, the fact that there is still radioactive moss gets to me. i'd love to see some full colour photo's for a contrast to the ones you've uploaded. looks truely amazing.

good luck with the exhibition.

I'm also a massive 28DL fan ;) Thats a new level though.