leaving a 350z alone for 6 months

l-jack

So another question before I commit to a 350z is how do they react to not being run so often? I know some cars react badly to being put into storage. I will hopefully be looking at an 07 onwards with sub 30k and full SH roadster gt.

As the story goes I may get shipped off to somewhere sandy very soon (next year or 2, maybe twice in 2 years I just don't know). So before I start looking later in the year do I delay my purchase till I come back or just insure my dad on it and how regular would he have to run it?

Also I may have another lump of cash when I come back to add to the budget so would then probably sell the one I have. But the argument against this is I'm currently driving around in a grey hair carrier and I want to be B)

Given your job will have you away quite alot I'd say depreciation is as big a prob for you. In your position I'd go for an earlier model, in good nick with low mileage. At least that way it wi have lost most of it's value / taken the biggest depreciation hit already.

Re the amount of running it needs. Think a couple of times a monto is recommended but I've not been in the situation personally. :thumbs:

Thanks guys > I think it will be a case of my first plan insure my dad on it and let him use it as a weekend car. I have the option of my brother but he has already killed 2 cars of mine so don't want there to be a third

stick on a optimate to trickle charge the battery, if its not going to move pump up the tyres to the maximum pressure allowed, jack up each wheel and put several layers of carpet under the tyres to help avoid flat spotting. Ive done this a few times in the past on other cars

im in the RN mate when i go away i put the zed in the garage on axle stands with the wheels off, and battery disconnected left it for 3 months and its started first time when i got back no problems, i have a 6 month deployment coming up, i was contemplating selling it but decided not too so will use the same method to store it. good luck for your trip