Exhuast Problems!

Marios

Just come out from the gym and noticed my car sounded like I put an aftermarket exhaust box on! On inspection I noticed that the pipe has worn off and broken away from the box!

Is this a common problem? What would you guys do

A ) Try to get it fixed back on

B ) Buy stock Nissan exhuast

C ) Buy aftermarket - which seems to be the cheaper option!

+1, option A is the cheapest. Hoewever your car may be trying to tell you something. ;)

Like...? lol

If you stand over the front of your Zed, bow slightly towards the bonnet and put a hand to your ear, you'll hear a faint whisper saying....

"Mod me..."

Considering im going on holiday in 2 weeks the cheaper option is sounding like the better choice - however if I do go for an aftermarket exhaust which one would you guys recommend?

Depends on what noise you want and costs.

Do a search, plenty of advice on zorsts here. :thumbs:

My rear silencer went in same place,weld around the flange,new one from Stealers was..................£378inc vat + fitting.Managed to get a very good second hand one off here for £140,got it fitted at my local garage for £35.The old one i am going to get welded up and hopefully sell it on here.

My exhaust went too...sounded very grizzly after the rear gasket weld came loose. I went for the Scorpion replacement / upgrade. All in was £390 (inc fitting) so IMO a pretty good move. The Scorpion exhaust looks great and the sound is brilliant compared to the OEM. It sounds better when you put your foot down but is a lot quieter when on the motorway / cruising etc.

A cheap fix will just need re-doing at some point anyway...

Tarmac is the man to speak to imo.

He's currently selling scorpion exhausts for a very good price and service is fantastic, if you dont want lots of noise don't get a K1, they're preetttyyy loud! never really heard a K2 tbh.

Is the exhaust mild steel? As I have spoken to a garage about welding the pipe back to the box but they said it might not weld back up as its brittle

Is this the case?

I don't really know where any "brittleness" would originate from! The problem is corrosion. Its gone from cold to hot countless times, been wet through and covered with salt mush and passed huge amounts of corrosive gasses through itself. A welded fix would only be temporary.

Steve

My exhaust went too...sounded very grizzly after the rear gasket weld came loose. I went for the Scorpion replacement / upgrade. All in was £390 (inc fitting) so IMO a pretty good move. The Scorpion exhaust looks great and the sound is brilliant compared to the OEM. It sounds better when you put your foot down but is a lot quieter when on the motorway / cruising etc.

My exhaust failed in the same spot recently and it was the second time it happened - the first time was a year ago when I fitted a used back-box. I got a Scorpion a few weeks ago and it sounds great, they're about 375 notes delivered. Muted enough at low revs pootling around but throaty when you give it the beans. The best bodge is to cut off the flange and weld a new sleeve on and will probably cost between £50-100 - the OEM exhaust is mild steel so it will weld if it isn't too rotten. Expect to do it again in a year or less though....

My exhaust failed in the same spot recently and it was the second time it happened - the first time was a year ago when I fitted a used back-box. I got a Scorpion a few weeks ago and it sounds great, they're about 375 notes delivered. Muted enough at low revs pootling around but throaty when you give it the beans. The best bodge is to cut off the flange and weld a new sleeve on and will probably cost between £50-100 - the OEM exhaust is mild steel so it will weld if it isn't too rotten. Expect to do it again in a year or less though....

Great advice, totally agree with this. Do it, get the Scorpion...you won't regret it! :clap: