ipod hack

david 164

cheers beavis,i might have a try,just dont want to bugger it up,never sodered before lol

Its pretty easy to solder, theres only 3 wires or so to do here. The most fiddly bit i found was cutting through the tracks. If you are not careful you slip and cut too many!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

not been on here in a while and was amazed to see this ipod hack so i had to try it.

just done it this morning only took be about and hour and half. it could of been done a lot quicker but i was a bit cautious.

this guide is spot on so i got to say a big thanks to husky.

i dont know about any one one else but when i make a call it works through the speakers and the in built mic in the car.

thanks again to husky.

i would tell anyone to try this yourself its very simple.

dano

• 3 weeks later...
Did yours just slide out to the front?

That's what I was expecting but it didn't shift. Definitely just those 4 screws either side? It seemed to be stuck at the bottom but I couldn't see any other clips or obvious screws :(

I took the whole plastic dash panel out. undid screws then slid it out backwards. It really was just like the guide said.

Just realised I've been a complete idiot, was trying to remove the radio frontwards as opposed to backwards!! Will try again this weekend!

Cheers guys

No worries, the centre console stops it coming out forward, so you have to slide it out backwards. If you take your time over it the guide here is spot on. Only problem I had was figuring out how to get to the top screws holding the console on because mine has sat nav rather than the cubby hole - but for that you just pop the bit of trim around the sat nav buttons up using a credit card and you can get the screws through there.

Good luck!!!!!