Max spacer size with RAYS and standard suspension

HassanZ

FYI, I recently spoke to my mate who owned an MOT station in Chester for over 30 years, although he has retired and sold his business he still keeps up to date with the latest regulations as he still does a number of tests each year at his old garage. He informed me that there are no MOT regulations regarding tyres protruding outside of the wheel arches....this is entirely a matter for the police. Also, and a bit off topic, with regards to HID headlights there is at the moment no need to have working headlight washers (so after market bumpers are O.K :thumbs: ), they don't test them.

Pete

FYI, I recently spoke to my mate who owned an MOT station in Chester for over 30 years, although he has retired and sold his business he still keeps up to date with the latest regulations as he still does a number of tests each year at his old garage. He informed me that there are no MOT regulations regarding tyres protruding outside of the wheel arches....this is entirely a matter for the police. Also, and a bit off topic, with regards to HID headlights there is at the moment no need to have working headlight washers (so after market bumpers are O.K :thumbs: ), they don't test them.

Pete

I thuoght that if your TREAD on the tyres stick out it will fail the MOT and you can get fined by the police as spray is sent back to the person behind which is dangerous. I spoke to my MOT place and they access the tyres. But only if the actual tread protrude.