Both Kinetix HFCs?

HassanZ

Hi all,

I have 2 sets of HFCs and I believe they're both meant to be Kinetix HFCs.

However when comparing them, I noticed a few differences. I know the ones without the lambda sensors attached are definitely Kinetix but I don't know about the other set. :wacko:

What's your thoughts?

Your input would be greatly appreciated :thumbs:

Images are attached.

Many thanks,

Hassan

photo9.jpg

photo118.jpg

photo218.jpg

photo312.jpg

photo46.jpg

I think that the set witout may be for an HR. ;)

Check out the triangle flange to see if the flanges are different.

Both triangles are the same shape...

Also the set without the sensors were bought off Daood (Dblock) on this forum and his car is not a HR as far as I know.

Both sets seem to have the bolt holes in the same, if not, similar position.

Only large difference I've noticed is that large peice of metal that sticks out of the HFC, which looks like a support brace? :shrug:

Both have the same filter inside them, which confirms the unknown one is also a HFC.

Oh...can someone else look at their HFCs and compare pls? Im really confused! Ill need confirmation from Dblock as to what his car is!

Deffo off a non hr. If you dont want them il happily take them back.

Thanks for the info bro :)

Nah don't worry, I'm fitting the ones you sent onto my Zed. I was just curious why the second set look different :wacko:

I appreciate you offering to take them back though :thumbs:

Do you think one of the HFCs is a revision of the other? But both are still manufactured to fit the DE engine?

The most likely answer. You could check the American forums as that's where the company is based :)

Good point! I'll give that a try :thumbs:

Are those the ones which came up on eBay a week or 2 ago advertised as standard cats? Could they be standards with the heat shield removed. The fact that it has welded in bolts reminds me of how mines looked when I took them off

Are those the ones which came up on eBay a week or 2 ago advertised as standard cats? Could they be standards with the heat shield removed. The fact that it has welded in bolts reminds me of how mines looked when I took them off

I checked the inside of the cats, they have filters in them that look identical to the HFCs that were provided by Daood. Do the standard cats have filters in them just like HFCs?

Possibly the OEM ones may look like that without the heat shields?

i've just had another look at mines mate and those definately look like the oem cats with the heat shields removed. Especially with the mounts for the brace and the ready fitted bolts welded in

i've just had another look at mines mate and those definately look like the oem cats with the heat shields removed. Especially with the mounts for the brace and the ready fitted bolts welded in

:lol: That's not good! There was me all happy thinking I had 2 sets of HFCs. I was going to give a pair to a friend of mine who also has a 350z, I guess not!

Thanks for finding out for me, appreciate it! :thumbs:

How did you know that the ones with the lambda plugged in was hfc? I wouldn't rip another member off.

:lol: That's not good! There was me all happy thinking I had 2 sets of HFCs. I was going to give a pair to a friend of mine who also has a 350z, I guess not!

I

How did you know that the ones with the lambda plugged in was hfc? I wouldn't rip another member off.

I

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=50795