Keevil Airfield 13th June - Black Flag fest!

captain

Am I right in assuming you never got the uprev done at Abbey?

Up-Rev done.

I'm reserving judgement until I've lapped Castle Combe.

Mark only got 10 bhp extra so we'll see.

only? :lol:

Why are you then using the Dspec controller, surely you wont need it now since you've got the full throttle response in the re-map?

what did the uprev do to the torq-curve?

Am I right in assuming you never got the uprev done at Abbey?

Up-Rev done.

I'm reserving judgement until I've lapped Castle Combe.

Mark only got 10 bhp extra so we'll see.

only? :lol:

Why are you then using the Dspec controller, surely you wont need it now since you've got the full throttle response in the re-map?

what did the uprev do to the torq-curve?

Using the Dspec still because I like how it feels. Without it I really can't tell any difference until 5000 revs and above where it seems to breathe more easily after the Up-rev.

Torque curve is a wobbly red line compared to a wobbly blue line before. :shrug:

Weird, maybe its different on an auto... should notice a big difference in lower gears. Love the blue red line ha ha, guess its hard on an auto box to see a proper curve if it decides to kick down gears, remember that on my altezza. Or can you stick it in 4th and it won't kick down?

Weird, maybe its different on an auto... should notice a big difference in lower gears. Love the blue red line ha ha, guess its hard on an auto box to see a proper curve if it decides to kick down gears, remember that on my altezza. Or can you stick it in 4th and it won't kick down?

The 'box is dual tiptronic - full auto or you flick the lever across for "normal" 1-5 when I want.

Mark did all the tuning with the car in "manual" 3rd gear.

He said the car was pretty strong before tuning with the mods I had and hence I wouldn't feel much difference (I didn't - hence keeping the Dspec)

The 'box is dual tiptronic - full auto or you flick the lever across for "normal" 1-5 when I want.

Mark did all the tuning with the car in "manual" 3rd gear.

He said the car was pretty strong before tuning with the mods I had and hence I wouldn't feel much difference (I didn't - hence keeping the Dspec)

Ah and it doesnt decide to lower gears even if it's lowish rpm? Thats good, my T5 does the same but only if your over 1500rpm. Mmm thought Dspec would be useless after an uprev tune.

I had amazing day around that track :yahoo: this was my first time and what fun driving the car to its max. I have owned my car for over 3 years and never gone around corners in it so hard until today, the grip was something else.

I did drive with the traction on but this only cut in on 3 sharp corners so i was able to plant the pedal hard whilst turning and then the car pulled hard as it straightend out, it was that or spin the back out. I will next time go and drive with the TC off but needed a day with it on to gain my experience.

There was this long right hand corner, super fast but by the end of the day i was able to go around without lifting off but whilst doing this a huge noise was coming from my mouth through the helmet aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: I had only managed to do this twice as the entry was so important, huge amounts of grip from my car. As Captain mentioned lifting off everytime yes I agree but it can be done flat out.

I will be doing another day in August if other members are intersted, well worth the experience.

P1000611.jpg

P1000609.jpg

P1000608.jpg

th_BlackFlagged.jpg

"As Captain mentioned lifting off everytime yes I agree but it can be done flat out."

Evidence please.................. :p:p

You could of came out as a passenger, August is the next track day :thumbs: