Exhaust fitting question

Leeroy

I've decided to take the plunge and fit a Scorpion exhaust, can't wait to get it fitted on saturday.

I've asked here about how easy they are to fit and apparently they aren't anyhing out of the ordinary and any old Mr Exaust/Tyres type place will breeze it. The problem is I've just had a call from the Peugeot Garage where it's booked into (i get a friends and family rate) and the 'technician' is a bit nervous about fitting it. As far as I know the only other bits I may need in addition to the exhaust is a gasket between the y-pipe and centre pipe and that the heat shield may need removing if it's in the way.

I have a gasket on the way, is there anything else I might need to know, I want to pre-empt any issues....

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Leeroy...

DIY....If the tech is "worried" dont take it there FFS. :lol:

I and Doodyrev have fitted 4 cat-back exhausts in our ownership of our zeds and its a piece of cake, 2 bolts hold the back box on and a couple of rubber hangers which are a pig to get back on, apart from that EASY......

Bring it to us, we will do it for a few sheets. :thumbs:

PS its not a gasket as such, its an O ring gasket. :thumbs:

DIY....If the tech is "worried" dont take it there FFS. :lol:

I and Doodyrev have fitted 4 cat-back exhausts in our ownership of our zeds and its a piece of cake, 2 bolts hold the back box on and a couple of rubber hangers which are a pig to get back on, apart from that EASY......

Bring it to us, we will do it for a few sheets. :thumbs:

PS its not a gasket as such, its an O ring gasket. :thumbs:

i personally think the rubber hangars are more of a pain to get off than get one. i have removed 3 standard systems from zeds and they were a pain, getting them back on was easy, bit of fairy liquid to lube it up and you're away!

Piece of **** to do, only bolts and a bit of force to get the hangers on, worst i've done is a clio 182 exhaust on axle stands, stupid clamps that never seal right.

If a mechanic is nervous, run a mile :wacko:

done mine 2 week go in middle of road lol hardest parts if any are

1.Cracking exhaust nuts (blow torch the hell out of it and big extender bar)

2. Removing from rubber hangers (Brute force or just unbolt hangers took me 10 mins to unbolt)

Put grease on hangers and scorpion will actually just slide back on job done :thumbs:

hangers are the easiest bit by far, all of 5 seconds work. get lithium greas and spray all oever and in the hanger. first push pin further into the hanger to get it unstuck, lube up the bit that shows. use a bar to the rubber off. really simple.

Awesome, cheers guys :thumbs:

I'm gonna stick with the Pug garage, I'm struggling to get in anywhere else at short notice. I'll be making sure he does it properly, even if it means checking it under the ramp when he's done. What a muffin.

Awesome, cheers guys :thumbs:

I'm gonna stick with the Pug garage, I'm struggling to get in anywhere else at short notice. I'll be making sure he does it properly, even if it means checking it under the ramp when he's done. What a muffin.

see if you can stand nearby and watch :lol:

see if you can stand nearby and watch :lol:

I couldn't face it :scare:

Actually, they did a sterling job I'm pleased to say. I even managed to blag an RCZ while the car was being worked on.

The Scorpion sounds awesome, it actually SOUNDS like a V6 now :)