drifting / learn to drift day?

SteveM

OK myself and the misses (shes a bit of a petrol head and a bloody good driver) are pretty interested in doing a drift day.

anybody done one? any experience? suggestions and thoughts?

we are based south east but are willing to travel a little.. would prefer to learn in someone elses car though! :lol:

not looking to get into drifting but would like to learn to get the back end out and control the slide a little. obviously this is for fun but also has an element of safety to it as being able to catch and recover a slide would be a good thing right

maybe we could get a group together from here and get a group buy discount on a day out?

:teeth:

cool, I was thinking on doing this in my z on a closed circuit to learn how to do it, no point in doing it in something you're not actually driving IMO (yes you get the hang of how things work but might be different in your own car). Was stopped due to insurance needing role cage in the car (something thats not there... 'yet' :teeth: )

not sure over the UK but here there's plenty of 'farmers' having some cemented back yards for drift practice. Can't help you really :lol:

I phoned several track day circuits and none of them want to do this at all - the only place I found to drift was Santa Pod. (Northamptonshire) I had the same desire as you, heard about Donuts and Drifting, thought I'd try it when the old tyres got low and needed to be changed.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49060

This is what I found when I went. . . . had a good day. Costs are reasonable at £60 for the drift booking, plus £10 for any guests who just want to view. Just google "Drift What Ya Brung" and it'll tell you the rest. :D

Remember to take new tyres if you're taking your own car. You'll also want to come off before you completely destroy your old tyres or they'll blow and then you get a real mess of rubber flapping in your arches and (perhaps) coming out and ripping up your paintwork. Also - if you put your new tyres on at the end it takes ages, so allow at least another 90 mins to put the new tyres on as the queue is very very very long. Oooh - and they don't balance them, either. When I queried this it was the classic "No demand mate - most people here just put old rubber on and then go and burn it off again - no point balancing that!" :scare:

Have a good day! :thumbs::thumbs: