CALLING ALL MAC OWNERS... HELP!!!

slimjim

If my PC goes tits up then I'm very comfortable digging around in the registry and all the fiddly bits to sort it out. If my Mac ever did the same I wouldn't have a clue where to start as the entire file structure and program is completely different. I'm not saying that it's any more difficult to learn as I suspect it's not, it's just what I've grown up with and what I'm used to.

For me, a PC makes the simple things more complicated than they need to be at time, whereas on a Mac the complicated stuff becomes an absolute impossibility to sort out. That's the real downsides to both units, although Win7 is about as perfect an OS as I've ever used and makes the call for OSX much less urgent. Still needs tidying up though.

my issue with win7 is they have made some things too simple. i guess thats just because i know how to do things the old way.

for example. the control panel was so much easier to navigate when everything was there in front of you. i know you can change it to the old style but it's still not the same

On the orginal question. My understanding is:

If you go on to the Safari home page, click on the Lion image, it runs through the accessablity, which reading it looks to be the memory sizes etc, it lists the compatible machines then you just go into the "Apple" on your tool bar "about this Mac" and if its compatible it can be down loaded from the App store in July.

PS Macs ARE the way forward, if only I had one at work, I could finish early!

If my PC goes tits up then I'm very comfortable digging around in the registry and all the fiddly bits to sort it out. If my Mac ever did the same I wouldn't have a clue where to start as the entire file structure and program is completely different. I'm not saying that it's any more difficult to learn as I suspect it's not, it's just what I've grown up with and what I'm used to.

For me, a PC makes the simple things more complicated than they need to be at time, whereas on a Mac the complicated stuff becomes an absolute impossibility to sort out. That's the real downsides to both units, although Win7 is about as perfect an OS as I've ever used and makes the call for OSX much less urgent. Still needs tidying up though.

Has your Mac gone bad yet? (I'm guessing not)... and has your PC? (I'm guessing yes)

On the orginal question. My understanding is:

If you go on to the Safari home page, click on the Lion image, it runs through the accessablity, which reading it looks to be the memory sizes etc, it lists the compatible machines then you just go into the "Apple" on your tool bar "about this Mac" and if its compatible it can be down loaded from the App store in July.

PS Macs ARE the way forward, if only I had one at work, I could finish early!

That's my point...

There IS no App store in 10.5.*

Has your Mac gone bad yet? (I'm guessing not)... and has your PC? (I'm guessing yes)

No and no. I've yet to need to fix anything from Win7 that wasn't my own fault in the first place.

I have just gone to the apple side, and have found macs very frustrating. So much so I now run windows on it. Dont see what all the fuss is about with apples, and I think I have wasted 1600 quid on it.should have stayed windows based.

Sorry, macs just dont do it for me.

Anyone want a 15" mac book pro.6 weeks old.

I have just gone to the apple side, and have found macs very frustrating. So much so I now run windows on it. Dont see what all the fuss is about with apples, and I think I have wasted 1600 quid on it.should have stayed windows based.

Sorry, macs just dont do it for me.

Anyone want a 15" mac book pro.6 weeks old.

What is winding you up about it?

Do you use VMWare?

I just dont get it. Everything is arse about face..

My games dont run etc etc. I am willing to be educated though. Vmware :shrug:

VMWare is for running windows on... like Parallels or boot camp...

Did you buy the MBP to play games on? Strange choice for a gaming machine.

I just dont get it. Everything is arse about face..

My games dont run etc etc. I am willing to be educated though. Vmware :shrug:

VMWare is for running windows on... like Parallels or boot camp...

Did you buy the MBP to play games on? Strange choice for a gaming machine.

Didnt buy it for games, but would be nice to be able too. I m running through parallels.

Didnt buy it for games, but would be nice to be able too. I m running through parallels.

Get some games through the App Store...

I HIGHLY recommend "Hedgewars" which is basically worms... very cool, specially the online stuff :D