New rears pending ...

LordGrover

I've had a search and read the last few pages of the Tyre Guide above but it's still not clear to me.

I'm getting a lot of road noise/roar at the moment but it has cheapo, no-name tyres fitted. The rears are getting close so it won't take much to use up the last couple of mms in a furious hour or two on an airfield or track. a010.gif

I gather the standard fitment should be 245/45R18 W (96) Bridgestone RE050A DZ - the DZ being important because that's the compound/fitment specifically for our 350Zs.

Those who have complained about the Bridgestones, did you specify the DZ compound or accept the generic RE050A?

The alternatives seem to be either Dunlop sport maxx or Falken-452 -current opinions would be appreciated.

The 50s make less noise comparing to the ps2s. You are right the 50s need to be the ones for the zed also known as scuderia. If you are finding them too noisy then don't go for the ps2s. Then again what have you got at the front? You don't want to unbalance the car by using first class 50s at the front let's say and second class ga kens at the rear.

Btw by far and I mean far!!! The best tyre is the pilot supersport. Full stop. But for the nismo sizes it's 800 quid for the 2 rears. :)

If you ask me if it's worth the price difference its not. Don't even bother...but you will transform your zed with a set of those. Much gripier than the ps2s and the 50s under all circumstances and much quieter too. Oh and more hard wearing than the ridiculously soft ps2s.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas :thumbs:

Great tyres with a cool tread pattern all at a reasonable cost..........can be a nightmare to track down though; just spent 6 months trying to source my front two to match the rears!

I believe they come out of Norway and now because they have fullfilled their local market demand they are now exporting to the UK again so going forward it should be easier to track a set down.

I secured mine through my local dealership in Norwich but www.camskill.com is a good starting point and also acts as a great price comparison site.

Secured my front Vreds for £144.25 each including fitting and new valves; rears were slightly dearer at £175.00 each.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas :thumbs:

Great tyres with a cool tread pattern all at a reasonable cost..........can be a nightmare to track down though; just spent 6 months trying to source my front two to match the rears!

I believe they come out of Norway and now because they have fullfilled their local market demand they are now exporting to the UK again so going forward it should be easier to track a set down.

I secured mine through my local dealership in Norwich but http://www.camskill.com is a good starting point and also acts as a great price comparison site.

Secured my front Vreds for £144.25 each including fitting and new valves; rears were slightly dearer at £175.00 each.

The Ultrcs ARE good... I had them before my PS2s...

I had them shipped in from Holland I think (so Norway sounds right too)

But the PS2s are SO much better. Can't explain it... :cloud9:

Think my fronts were £190 and rears were £210... WELL worth it. :drive1

So...

Michelin Pilot Sport 2: slimjim + clarkie

Goodyear Eagle F1A: captain

Michelin Pilot Super Sport: Greekman (also says slimjim and clarkie's choice is noisy)

Vredestein US: Bacon

Thanks for clearing that up then. :lol:

If you look at the prices of them... that should help you choose ;)

So...

Michelin Pilot Sport 2: slimjim + clarkie

Goodyear Eagle F1A: captain

Michelin Pilot Super Sport: Greekman (also says slimjim and clarkie's choice is noisy)

Vredestein US: Bacon

Thanks for clearing that up then. :lol:

If you look at the prices of them... that should help you choose ;)

Too tue. My Goodyears were £540 fitted etc. and he chucked in laser alignment for free. Only about £100 more than I paid for the Falkens but waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the Michelins.

• 3 weeks later...