How many miles on a full tank

weewizard

You must be really draining the tank to get £80 into it.

Last night I was down to the red light and around 25miles on the trip computer.

I filled up with 60L and managed 264 miles = 20MPG - This was all local driving (5 miles to work and 10 miles into town trips)

Doing motorway driving I can get to around the 30MPG from a tank

You must be really draining the tank to get £80 into it.

Last night I was down to the red light and around 25miles on the trip computer.

I filled up with 60L and managed 264 miles = 20MPG - This was all local driving (5 miles to work and 10 miles into town trips)

Doing motorway driving I can get to around the 30MPG from a tank

I generally manage to put about 65 - 70l of fuel in the car, last night it was 63l and I had covered 287miles, alot of those miles included 'spirited' driving tho.

At present, i am doing just under 300 to a tank, but i am still blatting as ive had the car less than a month and still enjoy the looks you get when you put your foot down. Especially from girls at the bus stop as i pose with my sunnies on, haha. Yes I know what i am!

But i have over a 1/4 tank left at the moment and got 245 miles on the trip and says around 100 miles more left. That included motorway driving to oxford and southampton and to the station and back :teeth:

I'm getting 22mpg according to the trip computer.

I guess you're unlikely to get £80 in the tank. My understanding is that it holds 80l, and it'll never be completely empty. With fuel still at less than £1/l I'd say you'd be lucky (or unlucky!) to get more than £70 in a tank.

I find that the dte indicator is not very accurate and I frequently have 15l fuel left when it says 0 miles to empty! Just how far below 0 miles can you drive though before you run out and look like a dork!

:doh:

good info,

you may laugh, but does it have to be ran on optimax etc?

I also did a test on the Volvo between a tank of Optimax (as was) and standard Shell fuel. The car did go 10% further on the tank. Not an exact science I grant you, but that's how I found it. :)

TO get a reliable sort of test like that you need to run around 3 tanks worth as it normally takes that long for the ECU to fully adapt to the different RON petrol.

I also did it on the diesel S40 we had on BP Ultimate and the same result. Completely agree, not an exact science at all but an indicator. Did it both ways too (Optimax - 95 RON and 95 RON - Optimax). :)