Thoughts on this 350z

zcomputer5

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I went to see this car today, it was in pretty good condition, though the few problems were firstly the exhaust is some aftermarket stainless steel thing which has just been put at the end to make it sound noisy. Secondly all the tyres were different makes and they were pretty low, one was 2mm so he will change that. Finally the alloys were kerbed some worst than others, atleast the nearside front could do with a refurbish.

He was dead set on selling for 7000 so he didn't want to budge on the price or spend money on the car. Do you think I should haggle and bring it down to 6750 at least? Or do you thing 7k is a good price. I was just thinking of turning up with 6750 cash and telling him to take it or leave it, what do you think?

£7k is a bloody good price for that. Prices have dropped a lot it seems!

If he's dead set on £7k then that's up to him, and I'm sure he'll find a buyer very quickly for it. I'd not insult him by taking £6750 if he's already explicitly said no lower than the asking price. He may knock off £50-£100 which is not a massive amount but it could go towards tyres. I honestly don't think it'll stick around too long at that price.

£7k is a bloody good price for that. Prices have dropped a lot it seems!

If he's dead set on £7k then that's up to him, and I'm sure he'll find a buyer very quickly for it. I'd not insult him by taking £6750 if he's already explicitly said no lower than the asking price. He may knock off £50-£100 which is not a massive amount but it could go towards tyres. I honestly don't think it'll stick around too long at that price.

Yeah I would prefer better tyres than money off to be honest, I am suprised how much a set of 245 45 18s cost!

tis a bloody good price

refurb is about 50 a wheel and decent tyres are 150 upwards a quarter

have you had an hpi check done? also an rac insection is always handy

might be worth getting them both done to make sure you wont be forking out a load more once you get it

if its straight and the tranny and engine is good buy buy buy!!

looks good for the price!

Don't hang about its worth 8K all day long.

obviously HPI it and look for undisclosed damage etc.

Its a buyers market.

Offer him £6850 and bring cash in your sweaty mutts!

Let us know how you get on.

exhaust is probs changed as a standard mid section and rear box is £800.

Yep, prob cheaper to just replace the back box than get a oem one.

Looks like a very nice clean car. Has quite a few nice extras on it which would have been optional at the time, like the alezan orange interior, the rays, gt pack etc.

As others have said, thats very cheap for the money. Id have expected it to be 8.5k

You can always try your luck and offer less... you never know, if you have cash in your pocket there, then that can help the seller decide. I wouldnt hold much hope tho at getting it for less than 7.