Somehow manage to bag my Mrs a Test Drive in an R8

MadMac

My Mrs is a florist and she delivers flowers to the Audi Dealership in Coulsdon Surrey and has done so for a few months now. And every time she comes home after making a delivery she tells me what R8 they had in, what colour is was and "Oh I wish I could drive one."

Well its her birthday this month and I was looking at track days to send her on, but she made me promise not to spend to much money on her (makes a change eh? :lol: )

So I thought I would give the Audi guys a call and ask. So speaking to a rep and explaining she is the florist who does their flowers and she would really like to have a drive in an R8 for her birthday. If there are any costs I'd be happy to pay them and the response was.

"Of course she can, and dont worry about paying for it, more than happy to take her out and let her have a drive, we will take her out in the V10 too."

Well I didn't think it would work :cry: the only stipulation is that the demonstrator is available as customers come first, which is totally fair.

Just goes to show, dont ask, you dont get :teeth:

Pics and Video to follow when we go :top:

My Mrs is a florist and she delivers flowers to the Audi Dealership in Coulsdon Surrey and has done so for a few months now. And every time she comes home after making a delivery she tells me what R8 they had in, what colour is was and "Oh I wish I could drive one."

Well its her birthday this month and I was looking at track days to send her on, but she made me promise not to spend to much money on her (makes a change eh? :lol: )

So I thought I would give the Audi guys a call and ask. So speaking to a rep and explaining she is the florist who does their flowers and she would really like to have a drive in an R8 for her birthday. If there are any costs I'd be happy to pay them and the response was.

"Of course she can, and dont worry about paying for it, more than happy to take her out and let her have a drive, we will take her out in the V10 too."

Well I didn't think it would work :cry: the only stipulation is that the demonstrator is available as customers come first, which is totally fair.

Just goes to show, dont ask, you dont get :teeth:

Pics and Video to follow when we go :top:

Top result :thumbs:

What are you going to say to her when she says she likes it and wants one? :blink:

Well done on the blag! They're awesome cars, my boss (kinda) has one and its like Christmas when they bring it into the office and everybody wants a ride. They're the one that got me thinking about 350s actually - since they had one back in the day, and an S2k, TVR Cerbera, Scooby...

I got an invit to test drive the new Continental GT Supersport, and bagged the mrs a test drive in that.

Then subsequently arrived a day late to the weekend event, having not read my leter from the dealers correctly.

That did not go down well. :blackeye:

Top result :thumbs:

What are you going to say to her when she says she likes it and wants one? :blink:

Fake a coughing fit while saying Mk1 TT Mk1 TT :lol:

Well done on the blag! They're awesome cars, my boss (kinda) has one and its like Christmas when they bring it into the office and everybody wants a ride. They're the one that got me thinking about 350s actually - since they had one back in the day, and an S2k, TVR Cerbera, Scooby...

Can we swap bosses please :lol:

I got an invit to test drive the new Continental GT Supersport, and bagged the mrs a test drive in that.

Then subsequently arrived a day late to the weekend event, having not read my leter from the dealers correctly.

That did not go down well. :blackeye:

:scare:

Yeah always turn up for your test drive, dealerships really get fed up with timewasters, even if is isn't intentional!