ebay buying help

sinbad

Im interested in buying this which Mike the superhero ( :teeth: ) spotted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAKIMOTO-NISSAN-3 ... 0052663754

I understand everyone starts somewhere, but as this person has no feedback at all and only accepts Personal cheque's, Postal Orders or Banker's Drafts.

How do i go about protecting myself as best as possible should i win the auction?

Any help will be apreciated!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would i pay by credit card to a individual?

Can i pay straight into his bank account?

you cant pay an individual by credit card, only if he has a Paypal account , and he accepts payment this way:) .. paying direct into his bank is safer ,but no guarantee

So how should i do this then. If he wont accept paypal or doesnt have a paypal account. What would be the best method of payment. I just dont wanna get ripped off! :dry:

Thanks for your help guys! :teeth:

like I said collect and pay cash, only way with a Zero rated bidder(he doesnt have to worry about his feedback ;) ) :thumbs:

Yeah i noticed that, ive been on the Kakimoto website and it is sold like this. Its worth £840 ish if bought in japan. Lighter than standard exhaust too.

Ok cheers, ive just emailed him to see if thats an option.

I'll let you know how i get on.

If he doesn't accept cash then id be seriously worried.

I think i will if he lets me, its 2 hours away from me so not too bad.

If he does let me collect then i mite bid on the Tomei front pipes. There supposedly 8kg's lighter than the originals.

One more question :blush: If i do pay by cash can he not make a dispute with ebay claiming he hasnt recieved the money?

I think i will if he lets me, its 2 hours away from me so not too bad.

If he does let me collect then i mite bid on the Tomei front pipes. There supposedly 8kg's lighter than the originals.

One more question :blush: If i do pay by cash can he not make a dispute with ebay claiming he hasnt recieved the money?

he can say what he likes , but if you have the exhaust I dont think there will be any hassle..any way I've met you and you look a tough cookie :teeth:

You could pay with a credit card cheque ;) Most card companies have them so you can pay tradespeople etc via cheque B)

they still have to clear though Sarnie, I wouldnt let an item go without clearing at the Bank first 5 working days min :dry:

Of course they still have to clear you doughnut. He could send the seller the cheque, have the zorst delivered and still be protected by the credit card company ;)

You could pay with a credit card cheque ;) Most card companies have them so you can pay tradespeople etc via cheque B)

they still have to clear though Sarnie, I wouldnt let an item go without clearing at the Bank first 5 working days min :dry:

Of course they still have to clear you doughnut. He could send the seller the cheque, have the zorst delivered and still be protected by the credit card company ;)

Hmmmm never thought of that , but when I had trouble with a internet seller once it took 3 months to get my dosh back when I gave a credit card no.

Hmmmm never thought of that , but when I had trouble with a internet seller once it took 3 months to get my dosh back when I gave a credit card no.

I'd rather wait 3 months and get it back eventually. Send a bank cheque and its Bye Bye to ya money :surrender:

ok, its a done deal. i won the item all though i paid more than i wanted im still happy. An early crimbo pressie for myself. the exhaust is pretty much new and i couldn't find anything else about that was near this price either new or second hand. Ive known about kakimoto for a few years now and have heard there a respectable Japanese tuner. So the quality of the exhaust wasnt a problem for me. The design doesnt look too bad and cant be as bad as the standard one. Its all stainless steel 304grade with titanium tips.

The seller left her mobile so i rang and spoke to her before the auction end. She is happy for me to take the cash to her and collect the item at the same time from her tuning shop. Said the exhaust isnt too loud and is not much louder than standard at idle or part throttle. She also mentioned that the tomei decats she was selling at the same time made the exhaust louder and the car perkier and that when i go down i was welcome to have a tour too. Seemed nice over the fone. i just have to arrange collection now. i'll get some pics up when i have it fitted.

Cheers mate!

I was contemplating a track day or some suspension upgrades but seeing this i just didnt want to let it go. I paid my maximum limit really as ive got a big family and still have loads of crimbo prezzies to get.

Anyway im like this :teeth: at the moment. Cant wait.

Errrrrrrrr its my pseudo name.. Chris aka zoe ruby slippers! lol

only kiddin, Its my sisters ebay account. i was hoping you wouldn't see it! :blush: doh.

Thanks by the way, ive still a long way to go before its anywhere near as having the mods yours has.

I think its some 19" and body mods next.

So far thats:

Tinted windows,MOMO gearknob,Nismo look oil filler cap,Aliminium look dash decals,red stuff pads,K&N typhoon,Kakimoto Exhaust.

All in all including servicing and insurance Ive spent well over 3k in >6months,, this car lark is costing me a fortune!