Flat tyre on M25!! AAAARRGGHHHH!!

Rocky

Hi guys and girls,

Well after a bad day at work, it then got even worse. On the way home i got a flat!!

Thought the car was feeling strange, then someone waved me down and i pulled over - Rear tyre completely flat!!! In fact it was smoking!!

Gave a mate a call to come out and see if we could pump it up enough just to get home. No chance!!! So it was the case of changing it at the side of the M25.

Glad he did come out - after we changed it, tried to put the flat in the boot and it didn't seem to fit!?! WTF!! (had to stick it in the boot of his Astra VXR)

Surely this can't be right??

Please note, i've got a roadster and they're standard wheels (non Rays). Can anyone confirm that the rears should fit back in the car??

Now i need to get some new tyres (gonna replace both rears) - Any suggestions as to what tyres i should get??

Damn shame, flat on the M25 can't be much fun.

I'm fairly sure that the wheel shouldn't fit in the boot. Check your spare, I think it is a 17" space saver, the standard wheels are 18" so won't fit in there, the spare is even a tight fit in mine.

Depends if you want expensive tyres or reasonably priced decent tyres. Lots of people on here swear by the Falken 452s, I just bought a pair to replace my front OEMs and I am very happy with the Falkens. They are good quality at a much better price (Camskill was the cheapest place I found and very quick delivery).

Standard set up is:

Front - 225 / 45 / R18

Rear - 245 / 45 / R18

So you're telling me that if you get a flat tyre and you have a passenger in the car, then you're f**ked?!?!

Are you supposed to leave your alloy wheel by the side of the road???

Who the hell designed that??????

ive been able to fit four standard tyres in my Z two on passenger seat and two in the boot, i dont get how you couldnt fit one wheel? im sure it could fit behind the driver and passenger seats at an angle, although it may obstruct your rear view a little :lol:

He was in a roadster :doh: