Spacers

DoubleDeuce1973

Hi all, I fancy getting some spacers fitted to the Z to push the standard OEM (not rays) out a little.

Seems to be that many advise 20mm front and 25mm back for the rays, would this be the same for my wheels? Does this bring the wheels flush to the arch or in/out a little?

Also, can anyone recommend which ones I should consider and where to buy them from. I have searched for what seems like hours and not found any recent info.

Cheers in advance

Im not too sure about the originals. I think all the wheels are 8" wide so 20mm front and 25mm rear would be fine.

Most people tend to go with the hubcentric spacers as they are good quality. These are the ones which you bolt the spacers onto the studs and then the wheel onto the the spacer studs.

I however went for the replacement stud method which just involved changing the stud and buying the hubcentric spacers.

Im sure you can pick up a second hand one quite cheap. :thumbs:

Im not too sure about the originals. I think all the wheels are 8" wide so 20mm front and 25mm rear would be fine.

Most people tend to go with the hubcentric spacers as they are good quality. These are the ones which you bolt the spacers onto the studs and then the wheel onto the the spacer studs.

I however went for the replacement stud method which just involved changing the stud and buying the hubcentric spacers.

Thanks for the quick response

Is that a difficult job to do? Was hoping to fit myself and the first option sounds a little easier although I have read somewhere that the replacement stud option are "stronger" as the wheel is stull fitted to the hub.

Thanks for the quick response

Is that a difficult job to do? Was hoping to fit myself and the first option sounds a little easier although I have read somewhere that the replacement stud option are "stronger" as the wheel is stull fitted to the hub.

Im sure they are as strong as option 1 but I went along this line as I felt it was better, and also a lot less expensive. Replacing the studs is probably the hardest bit! But you dont need to take anything off other than the wheel.

For the easier option you can go with option 1 with the bolt on hub ones, just make sure they are hubcentric! :thumbs: