SHE'S GONE

alessandro

At 8pm this evening my baby was driven away by the new owner :byebye: 2 wonderfull years of ownership have not regret a second of it.

On a positive note the car went to a Jap enthusiast which arrived with a nice looking FTO, Ben already sign up here and should be along soon (after his 2 hours drive).

I haven't decided what to go for next, probably something small and cheap so that I can play with the engine a bit (Fabia VRS MK1 230bhp sounds good) and hopewfully in 2/3 years time I'll be able to get back into a Z

I would like to thank everyone in here for the help, advise and reality checks that I was given over the past 2 years, a special thank you to the moderators and admin guys for the great work they have done and they are doing and for making this forum such a great and special place.

I'll be popping around every now and than

Alex

Thank you guys, without the Z it already sucks :thumbdown: I keep looking around for something but I cant find something that excites me. (unless over budget) I went out on a Golf GTI Mk4 1.8T originally tuned by ABT, 240bhp fast car pratcical and still with a good mpg but it did nothing ....... really got to lower my standards

i was seriously looking at the earlier mini cooper S with the super charger, and then having lots of fun spending all my money at Lohan as its like a one stop shop for tuning the mini. and as its already FI its dead easy to boost the power for not a lot of cash.

test drove one a few years ago and it was great fun to drive, would give a zed a run for its money, especially on the back roads. and once tuned they can be quiet a machine,

i liked the ealrier supercharger ones over the newer turbo as i liked the super charger whine on accelerating :teeth:

Those things can be little rockets :drive1 had a look around just now avg 31 mpg which in reality means high 20s, I'm looking for something more economical :thumbdown:

As crazy as it sound an MK1 Fabia VRS seems to tick most boxes, yes it's ugly, it's a VAG and diesel, but, an hybrid turbo would cost around 1.5K fitted which is good for 220 bhp, plenty of tourque and still on mid/high 30 mpg.

a guy down the rpad is selling a Golf MK4 tuned by ABT but I'm unsure on the history and bhp claims (he says 240bhp with a K04 turbo) unless the paperwork match what he claims I'll stay clear

:shrug: